New Member From Texas

I will be picking up a new 3200rl Gateway next week. This will be our first time as Heartland owners and we are really looking forward to our first trip. We are trading in a Sterling Wildcat that was about perfect for just my wife and myself; which is how we thought we would be using it most of the time. Turns out most of our trips have been with family or friends so we are looking forward to having a lot more space in the Gateway.
I have a couple of questions; the first of many I am sure. We will have the residential refrigerator with two 12v batteries. Should they be located in the front basement compartment or in the side compartment?
Can anyone tell me where the movable island should be located when traveling?

jimtoo

Hi Texashatter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go to pickup your new Gateway,, be sure and do a really good,, slow... through PDI. Any thing you find wrong.. get it fixed or written up to be repaired.

The batteries should come installed correctly. The tech doing the PDI should be able to locate the island for you... or maybe some of the other members will jump in with some advice.

Enjoy the forum and there are a couple of rallies in Texas real soon... try to make one and meet lots of great folks.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome, another Texan! Be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club, free for the first year! Then come join us at a Chapter Rally, there's a few coming up soon! Check the main page of the forum for dates/locations. You'll find the groups are very welcoming and become your "camping family" as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Texashatter,

There'll be about 25 Heartland rigs at the Bullard rally Oct 10th -12th just south of Tyler. Come on out and get all your questions answered and meet a great bunch of like-minded folks. Here's a link to the rally info.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Texashatter,

There'll be about 25 Heartland rigs at the Bullard rally Oct 10th -12th just south of Tyler. Come on out and get all your questions answered and meet a great bunch of like-minded folks. Here's a link to the rally info.

Welcome, another Texan! Be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club, free for the first year! Then come join us at a Chapter Rally, there's a few coming up soon! Check the main page of the forum for dates/locations. You'll find the groups are very welcoming and become your "camping family" as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they said.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Hello Texashatter,

We haven't been RV-ing long (3 trips out!) but we keep the movable island to the rear, lock down the wheels and use the straps to ensure it will not roll forward. We haven't had any problems with that so far and it allows us to access the refrigerator if needed. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to keep the drawers from sliding open when traveling. Every time, I find the drawer under the stove and the one next to it open. We fell in love with the 3200RS as soon as we walked into it, hope you are enjoying yours as well. :cool:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rockin_Dollar_B, take a look under the drawers for a catch.
Ours were out of alignment and didn't catch.
I was able to just swap drawers to get the proper alignment.

Peace
Dave