EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NV, Sparks - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired

HAPPY DAZE RV FROM SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA SPONSORING SATURDAY NIGHTS BBQ!!!!

2 BRAND NEW HEARTLAND RV's ON DISPLAY THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY

Venue:

------------------------------
  • Sparks Marina RV Park
  • E. Lincoln Way
  • Sparks, NV 89434
  • (775) 851-8888//heartlandowners.org/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8/9hAAAACXBIWXMAAA7EAAAOxAGVKw4bAAAAIGNIUk0AAHolAACAgwAA f8AAIDpAAB1MAAA6mAAADqYAAAXb5JfxUYAAAKLSURBVHjadJPfS5NhFMe/21xvuhXRyJAZroiSrJnbRdT7vrAf5HBaK5RABmEEwQIvkpZ/QRcWXdSFw5soKaF0F7qZeLO13mGBDpQsf5CoxVKHOt0Pctp2uvEdrzG/V c553w/54HnPDIiQiGpPMETABoB2AAYd9MRAMMAvGmX RcAyAoBVJ7gZQDtABworH4AHWmX bOMZdkjCoXiUzabvcAwzPSsob5p/VTNY9GcdpnxdmYZ9wJThSCtCr1e/4XjuNPd3d1KjUZzaGbI27ysqzGQoggAsLa1A7ehArrDxfDNr0oBlQB wmKxbJFEL968SxoamsjkHaPU9l9piUo6A0RE1DG2QCWdASrpDAzJM5kMI8XecdjVxfEl K9dxFgsgUvvR6HyBKHyBAEATyKLeGSsENuNcqk5kUjEGm7fzcYqr0ClVODl99 YXEvl6 c1amjVe ahiGGYaUEQKnmeh91uL43rqheixjpdmzCL11er0PcjhrTLvMfUJsyKYUSeyWQ6enp6tgCgrKxsfbP8bB8AdE1G89cOReMAgOv Cag8QXRNRkXAsDwcDr am5tLCYKA3t7eo2dG 1vVK/MfpRPtA MIReMYaKj /xm9MiICx3EmpVL5wefzFavValis1u1vvHMkdfykCQC0kSGUTo Ajmnx1dSC7IGD UUCEYGIwLKsyWazrSeTSSIiMpnNf7Ttz5 ec96fr7/VnE0mk QfHMzV3WjcKH/4rEr05QGFIA6HY4llWRLPRER v3/HYrFMFQSIkNra2tVQKJSlfcSyLO0LECFWq3XF6XRGA4HAptTsdrsXeZ6fEHtl 31nAOA4rkUulz/I5XL63dQGgHEAN8Ph8AYA/BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
  • www.sparksmarinarvpark.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Site fee: $ per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: Saturday, September 12
  • Potluck time: 5:30 p.m.

• Event Leader: TahoeCamper(click to contact)

Additional Info:
Schedule of events:

Thursday through Saturday:
Happy Daze RV will have 2 brand new Heartland RVs on display at the Sparks Marina RV Park for us to view.

Friday:
4:30pm to 6m-Meet & Greet at Social Hall at RV Park
>Bring your own Drinks.
>Optional-bring your favorite hors d'oeuvres

Saturday:

Early Saturday morning-Balloon Races.
We suggest car pooling to the event or taking city transportation. We will have details on transportation options when you arrive at the RV park. See more details below.

5:30 pm - Happy Hour - Social Hall at the RV Park.
>Come and buy raffle tickets and view items for the raffle. Please bring raffle items to social hall at 4 pm.
>Bring an item under $15 value to include in raffle prizes.

6:00 pm - BBQ Dinner in Social Hall at RV Park.
>Main course provided, compliments of Happy Daze RV from Sacramento, CA.
>Bring your favorite beverage-bottled water will be provided.

Please bring the following:
1. Your own beverage
2. Your own plates and utensils.
3. If your last name starts with A-N - Please bring a dessert to share.
4. If your last name starts with M-Z - Please bring a salad or other side dish to share.

6:45 pm Raffle drawings for prizes, and we will do a 50/25/25 cash drawing.

SUNDAY - Everyone on their own for meals and entertainment.

THINGS TO DO AND PLACES TO VISIT WHILE IN RENO / SPARKS:

Great Reno Balloon Races – Rancho San Rafael
www.renoballoon.com

Friday Schedule
5:15 am – Reno Balloon Races “Glow Show” – arrive at the Park by 5:00am
6:45am – Mass Ascension Launch at Reno Balloon Races

Saturday & Sunday Schedule
5:15 am – Reno Balloon Races “Glow Show” – arrive at the Park by 5:00am
5:30 am – Dawn Patrol at Reno Balloon Races
6:45am – Mass Ascension Launch at Reno Balloon Races

Transportation Options:
Handicapped Parking available in the park

Other parking: Best is to park at University of Nevada and walk about 4 blocks

Saturday & Sunday options - Drive to Reed High School in Sparks and park at school. (about 3 miles from the Sparks Marina RV Park). Buses run every 30 minutes from 4:00am to 10:00am between the High School and Rancho San Rafael Park.

Suggested items to bring:
Folding chairs
Blankets to sit on the grass
There are vendor booths selling drinks and morning snacks – or you can bring your own.

Lake Tahoe – many sites to see and things to do (we have maps available for you)
Drive around the lake (72 miles)
M.S. Dixie boat ride from Zephyr Cove to Emerald Bay and return – daytime and dinner cruises
http://www.tahoesbest.com/places
www.zephyrcove.com/play/cruises

Shopping in Reno / Sparks
Legends Outlet Mall, including Scheels, ¼ mile from RV Park www.outletsatsparks.com/
Meadowood Mall (Indoor Mall) www.simon.com/mall/meadowood-mall
Summit Sierra Mall (open air) www.thesummitonline.com/reno/

Virginia City (historic mining town)
http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/

Carson City (capital of Nevada)
Historic museum and capital building www.visitcarsoncity.com

Last edited:

WeRWilsons

George and Laura...you can count us in for sure...looking forward to it...get back with you later for the dates

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
George & Laura, we have the dates marked on our calendar. Wouldn't miss your first rally. We'll be glad to help in any way we can. Looking forward to a great time and seeing everyone again.

Tony - do you have any extra Fruit Loops? LOL

WeRWilsons

George & Laura, we have the dates marked on our calendar. Wouldn't miss your first rally. We'll be glad to help in any way we can. Looking forward to a great time and seeing everyone again.

Tony - do you have any extra Fruit Loops? LOL

Fresh out!!!

jdfishing

Count Deb and I in. Great timing; just before hunting season. And we can leave Sparks and head to Jackson. Ought to be sporting a new set of wheels by then.

LTZ

George we are with Tom and Lorraine Chinn so add them to your rally.
signed the vice mayor of Jackson (LOL).

Last edited:

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
George we are with Tom and Lorainne Chinn so add them to your rally.
signed the vice mayor of Jackson (LOL).
We are looking forward to your Rally. As the Vice Mayor said, sign Lorraine and I up.

I don't know how it happened, but I posted here and it showed up at the Jackson thread. Anyway we would like to attend arriving on the 11th and departing on the 14th.
Jack & Bev Reed

LTZ

Count Deb and I in. Great timing; just before hunting season. And we can leave Sparks and head to Jackson. Ought to be sporting a new set of wheels by then.
Hey John what kind of wheels are we talking about.

jdfishing

Hey Chuck: New P/U on new wheels. I have been a Chevy owner my entire life, but two design issues may force me into a Dodge Ram, which is not a bad choice at all. #1: Fender wheel wells that are essentially square and have absolutely no classy look whatsoever: #2: Placing the urea container directly behind the passenger wheel and below the frame. That is just dumb, in my opinion. I use the 4x4 function on my truck and that tank would be crushed in short order. So, unless Chevy wises up, they have lost my business.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are planning a possible trip to visit my brother in the Lake Tahoe area next summer or fall and may try to plan it around attending an HOC Rally.

Perhaps this rally is the one!

How far away is this rally from Lake Tahoe?

We'll be coming from Denver, Colorado.

TahoeCamper

Hi John, We camp at Tahoe a lot! We can leave the Reno/Sparks area and be at Lake Tahoe and set-up in 1-hour. Go roads to and from. We'd love to have you at the Rally in 2015. If you need any additional information, please feel free to post on this site or send me a PM.

TahoeCamper

John & Debbie, Looking forward to the new set of wheels. Sounds like Bob & Bo will have a new Bighorn at the Rally also. You won't be disappointed with the Ram truck.

MTPockets

Hey John; June & I have this on our calendar as well, but still bouncing around our '15 schedule.. May have decision by Quartzite in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.