Stickers - any ideas on how to remove them?

cgaskins

Quick question.... (This may not be the right area but there are so many forums I wasn't sure which one to use.)

The new Big Country has quite a few stickers on the outside of the unit that I want to remove (like the one advertising the wireless remote) and another advertising the turning radius, etc. When I tried to peel them off, it left some sticky residue. Is it safe to use "Goo Gone" to on the outside fiberglass to remove the sticky stuff. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

cgaskins

Re: Stickers

Thanks!! It is a great marketing / advertising idea but definitely not something you want on the coach long term...

TXTiger

It may be too late but I always use a blow drier to heat up the sticker before removing. You may be able to still heat up the area with the glue residue and wipe off the remaining glue.

stevenssr

I used Goof Off. Worked great every where but the wheel well covers. It got the stickers off but it looks like it was interacting with the plastic in a bad way. Be careful with the plastic fender squirts. Maybe something other Goof off for those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snaredrum

Pull the sticker off and then spray windex on the left over glue. Yep a couple of sprays of windex and it will be gone. Wipe clean.

JanAndBill

Soften it up with a blow dryer, then carefully peel it off. WD40 works good on removing the adhesive, then clean up with soap and water.