Member Plaque Blew Off!

Georgia_Biker

We were so proud of our nice Heartland Member Plaque so we affixed it next to the door on our Big Horn Model 3610RE. When we arrived at our campground after 350 miles the plaque was gone!

These are apparently only for inside decoration or the garage at home.

Just want to warn everyone else.

Mrsfish

We did not get a ladder mount plaque. Didn't get the option if I remember correctly. The plaque we received attached to the side of the coach with heavy duty adhesive tape. Never did attach ours as it didn't sound too secure to us. Anybody know how we can get the ladder mount attachment?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
When you join the Owners Club you are given the option of ladder mount or surface mount. We chose the ladder mount and it has been on for many thousand miles, with zero problems.
If memory serves me, I think the surface mount plaque is held on by suction cups. For that reason I would only display it while parked. Trace

You can order a replacement here;

Plaques / Frames
PLAK-R
Chuck McCubbins
phone: 866-427-5257
email: jmmccubbins@aol.com
web: http://plak-r.com

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When you join the Owners Club you are given the option of ladder mount or surface mount. We chose the ladder mount and it has been on for many thousand miles, with zero problems.
If memory serves me, I think the surface mount plaque is held on by suction cups. For that reason I would only display it while parked. Trace

The surface mount plaque now comes with adhesive tape . . . no suction cups.

I just put it on our rear bike rack bumper when we are at rallies.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The tape has been holding just fine on ours. I did clean the surface with solvent beforehand to make sure there wasn't any wax on it.

jbeletti

There is a drop down selection in the member application form where the member selects the frame style. Traditionally, travel trailers don't come with ladders, so they usually select the flat mount.

Trace has given the correct contact info for our plaque and mount supplier. Chuck can re-make plaques, additional plaques and sells all the mounting hardware one might need. Nice fella - give him a ring for your plaque/mount needs.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz006.jpg

Google ChromeScreenSnapz005.jpg

Google ChromeScreenSnapz007.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
There is a drop down selection in the member application form where the member selects the frame style. Traditionally, travel trailers don't come with ladders, so they usually select the flat mount.

Trace has given the correct contact info for our plaque and mount supplier. Chuck can re-make plaques, additional plaques and sells all the mounting hardware one might need. Nice fella - give him a ring for your plaque/mount needs.

View attachment 32162

View attachment 32161

View attachment 32160

I don't think I would trust the adhesive tape to hold for very long.

I've been searching for an alternative way to mount my plaque without drilling holes into my trailer.

brianlajoie

My plaque blew off too. If you are east bound on I-70 in Kansas, you may come across it. I think that is where we lost it. When I get my replacement, I won't have it attached while the trailer is in motion. The plastic pegs cannot hold the weight of the metal plaque.