Looking for "brain" that goes with the remote that controls the slides etc.

zoom1487

I am trying to find the brain that connects with the wireless remote for the slides, etc. I have a 2012 37 ultimate and have looked every where I can think of. I also searched through this site but couldn't find a definitive answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The fob lights up and works but does not operate any of the slides or the scare light, so I am thinking that it is not communicating with the transmitter "brain".

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I found mine in the cabinet where the light switches and gauges are located. I found a panel with screws holding it place. I haven't figured out exactly what to do next but the Lippert manual has a wiring diagram that should help.

zoom1487

There is a false cabinet next to the door that has the switches for the slides and some light switches, but there is no panel there. So I am still looking :)

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
The brain is behind a panel inside the cabinet that unscrews from the wall. It appears like the rest of the wall that the cabinet is attached to. I understand that they may be located in different locations with different models. Good luck!

JeromyS

In my 2013 37 ultimate the brain box is behind a false wall in the space above the fridge. In my case the remote would light up and I could hear a clicking sound but no action. Turned out that the entire control board needed to be replaced. It's a pricey unit. If you are not hearing any of the relays click your remote may not be paired to the board. There is a simple pairing process with hitting a reset button then pressing power on the remote. I am sure if you call lippert they can walk you through it.

You should be able to find the board\unit here: http://lci1.com/assets/content/support/complist/WirelessTransmittersandReceivers.pdf

zoom1487

Ok, thought I would update this thread about the Great Remote Receiver Hunt . First I must tell you that we spoke with the service manager at the place where we bought the RV. He had no idea and suggested we call Heartland. I did email heartland and they responded quickly and told us a few places to look for it. We looked and could not find anything. We then called them and my husband spoke to a very nice person who told him that production put these receivers in all kinds of different places in all different models and doesn't tell anyone where they are. (seems like a poor plan to me...). Anyway he gave us a few more places to look and guess what? no brain. By now my husband is going crazy looking for this thing and he is starting to take things apart with a screwdriver. Now below our refrigerator is a panel that opens and contains all the fuses and circuit breakers for the trailer. We must have opened and stared at this thing a dozen times looking for that brain, but all we could see were fuses and breakers, no big black receiver like in the picture. About 5 days into this treasure hunt my husband yet again opened that panel and noticed that a very small red light was on next to a fuse. He got down really close to it, (old people eyes), and next to the red light is written in ink "remote". So to wrap up, we changed out the fuse, remote now works perfect! So we never actually found the "brain" and we question if there really is such a thing.