Fantastic fan constantly opening and closing

meandg

crawgator
Sometimes it does not open immediately but you can hear the motor trying. It will stop and start up again. If and when it opens it will still move between open and close positions but not closing all the way. We lubricated the seal and it is still acting the same. It is about 5 years old.

Jim.Allison

I'm glad this thread came along, I do not want to hijack it but do want to ask, is the fantastic fan trustworthy. Can you leave it running unattended while parked for a couple of days? Could you trust it while away for a day trip? I have solar so electricity is not a problem. For the OP, I don't trust the thing right now and mine works good, I can only think that if you cant get it working 100% by cleaning then you are worse off than I. You could have a failure and be present and not be able to close it during a heavy rain/cloud burst.

Bobby A

Yea, mine did the same thing for a few years, nothing worked as far as cleaning sensor or the wires. I ended up removing the t/state and just put a on off switch in and it seems to stop acting goofy. As far as the fan itself and the company used to be over the top GREAT !! They just got bought out by a big company I think Surburban or something like that??? Note sure if the customer service is as good as before they got bought.

Last edited:

jbeletti

...As far as the fan itself and the company used to be over the top GREAT !! They just got bought out by a big company I think Surburban or something like that??? Note sure if the customer service is as good as before they got bought.

A few years ago, Fantastic Vent was bought by Atwood. A couple weeks back, Dometic purchased Atwood.

I believe most people have reported Fantastic Vent customer service as still being pretty good.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
As to trusting it....We have 3 and they have never failed to close at the onset of rain!