Faded furnace cover on Big Country - Update

MCTalley

The prior thread is closed (more than a year old), but I had contributed to a thread regarding fading/chalky paint on tan colored Suburban furnace covers on the Big Country. I notified the factory (as did several others) and they sent a shiny, new cover to replace the faded one.

I promptly replaced mine with the new one back in September of last year. It faded to a chalky light beige finish within a few months (fall and winter, so not hot, dry and sun-baked). I figured it was probably just the nature of the beast and thought that sometime I'd find a black or dark brown heat-resistant paint and redo the finish on it at some point.

A couple weeks ago, I waxed our entire rig with a buffer and Meguirs RV/Marine cleaner wax (that Bob Mansolito recommended for buffing solid surface countertops). I went ahead and buffed the faded cover along with everything else. When I wiped the dried wax residue off, it was as dark and shiny as when the factory originally sent it. Granted, it's only been two weeks since, but I'm curious to see how well it holds up.