Got Solar Panels installed

dcwettstein

Peel and stick solar panels instaled

Thanks to all who answered my questions. I now have a working Solar system in my fifth wheel. The first two pictures are the top showing the peal and stick panels. There are (4) 136 watt panels. The next picture is the Controller. The next picture is the Magnum inverter/charger. The next picture is the excess door in the basement and the last picture are the Monitoring devices. These are the panels I installed (Uni-Solar PVL-136 Power Bond PVL 136 Watt 24 Volt Flexible Solar Panel. Easiest to install Peel & Stick.) I purchased them from Amazon. Very easy to install with no holes in the roof. I have 4 panels connected in parallel a d on a sunny day I have been getting 41 volts. today it is rainy and dark and I am getting 29 V according to my Tristar monitor.
Solar Panels Back to Front.jpgSolar Panels Front to Back.jpgMPPT Contrler.jpgMagnum Inverter.jpgExcess Door.jpgGages.jpg

Last edited:

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Got it in stalled

Very Nice - Where did you get the Peel and Stick Photovoltaic sheets? And did you add a separate Set of Batteries for this or are you using the Solar to charge the main battery?

Jim.Allison

Re: Got it installed

:cool:Where is the "Like" button?

Thanks to all who answered my questions. I now have a working Solar system in my fifth wheel. The first two pictures are the top showing the peal and stick panels. There are (4) 136 watt panels. The next picture is the Controller. The next picture is the Magnum inverter/charger. The next picture is the excess door in the basement and the last picture are the Monitoring devices.
View attachment 32178View attachment 32179View attachment 32180View attachment 32181View attachment 32182View attachment 32183

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

Looks great. Those peel and stick panels really make the job easier.

Suggestion - edit the thread title to include the solar panel installation. Will help everyone doing a future search.

brianharrison

I like the idea of peel and stick panel. Uni-Solar (Click for Link) is one brand that I found and did some research on (data sheet for the 136W sheet).

I was initially concerned about the adhesive and if it would be compatible with the EPDM material on my roof. Interestingly, the adhesive is acutally made to stick together EPDM sheets. It is called Ethylene Propylene Copolymer Tape. It is listed on the data sheet linked above. Concern resolved. And the prices are looking reasonable.....

Thanks for posting.

Brian

DuaneG

Re: Peel and stick solar panels instaled

Good info. Also interested in if you added a battery bank or what you are charging. Any test runs running light or other stuff and do they stay charged overnight would be good info for people interested in adding solar.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Thanks to all who answered my questions. I now have a working Solar system in my fifth wheel. The first two pictures are the top showing the peal and stick panels. There are (4) 136 watt panels. The next picture is the Controller. The next picture is the Magnum inverter/charger. The next picture is the excess door in the basement and the last picture are the Monitoring devices. These are the panels I installed (Uni-Solar PVL-136 Power Bond PVL 136 Watt 24 Volt Flexible Solar Panel. Easiest to install Peel & Stick.) I purchased them from Amazon. Very easy to install with no holes in the roof. I have 4 panels connected in parallel a d on a sunny day I have been getting 41 volts. today it is rainy and dark and I am getting 29 V according to my Tristar monitor.

What charge controller are you using with the 24-Volt panels?

kjm1970

very nice! I just ordered 4 panels for my new RW 420. I see you added an inverter/charger. I have a residential fridge with an inverter and batteries, I am not sure if I hook up the solar to that or the other batteries. Your input if you can? :)