Awesome cleaner

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
This weekend, I decided that my trailer needed cleaning. I began washing it, using the standard brush and an auto wash/wax product made by Armor All and it did an okay job. There were several areas that would not come clean-the white gaskets or covers between the sections of fiberglass, heavily soiled areas on the front cap and especially the awning that was absolutely filthy! It's hard to keep one clean down here on the Gulf coast of Texas.

I then sprayed some Awesome liquid on these areas and was amazed at the job it did. The dirt practically ran off when water was sprayed on them. I couldn't believe how easy the dirt came off, and now my awning looks like brand new.

You can buy Awesome at the Dollar stores for $1.00 a bottle. It is recommended to dilute the mixture, and I will try it that way soon, but I was very impressed with it straight out of the bottle. I did rinse it very well after using and then that night it rained heavily, so I don't think there is any chance of any of the cleaner remaining on the fiberglass to damage the gel coat.

PS-I don't own any stock in either Awesome or the Dollar stores, so this is not a paid ad, just passing along the information to my friends.

Jimmyt5

Just to clear where to get it, its at the Dollar Tree, and its called Awsome Orange.
Been using it for about three years, cheap and cleans almost anything..

There was a Canadian parked next to me that was using the $8 black streak cleaner,loaned him some Orange, he went down the street and got a case to take home and sell to his Buddy's..

Dollar Tree home is in Chesapeake Va not far from my home, they have a Big layout.

creeper

Lots of cleaners do the same thing. The bad part is they take the wax off also. You might want to stick with a cleaner that leaves the wax on.

Detailers will take the wax and everything else off using Dawn liquid soap. Once you're stripped you can start with the detailing process. I've been doing this for years. By the time I'm done I have 3 coats of wax on, nice protection for all the acid rain and stuff out there. Then I touch it up again in 6 months.

caokgafamily

I Use Awesome all the time. Don't let it dry, work one area at a time. It will stain the glass if you let it dry on the glass. It works great on removing black streaks. I spray it on with a pump sprayer, then scrub the area with a sponge like brush on a handle extension.

jerr7

http://www.glblast.com/ i use this product alot and find it to be the best i used in along time takes out all kinds of streaks you can get at LOwes and also at walmarts its relative inexpensive, i sent link its really great
jerry

sgtbigb

$1.00 Cleaner

Brought some and it worked , I would not put it on my siding but any where else it does a fineNone job!

sealman

Jerry,
Please look on your link, click on the car, it will take you to another page that states that this product should not be used on Gel Coat.
Good luck
John

imchud

Help -- Wax On - Wax Off

Hey All,
Any special tips on waxing??? I have a B/H 09 3385 -- I know it a new unit but its getting close to shutting it down for the season:(... I use to like to wax my coach before I put it away for the season, because when it comes spring time I pull it out of storage and I'm good to go... But this new B/H i own is 36/ft long and is seems like it's 5 stories high and the thought of doing the old "wax on - wax off" thing is making me hurt already and I haven't even started the process... Now that I'm older (better according to my wife) it's taking me longer and its getting harder... I have alwas used auto paste wax to get the best results and longest ware... If there is any other product that would take less time and pain but still offer a strong finish, I'm all ears... Thanks... :D

Tommy

jbeletti

Tommy,

This won't help you with the "wax on / wax off" portion but will help with the "5 stories tall" portion.

A guy at the Elkhart Campground washes and waxes RVs independently. He uses a small portable scaffold to reach the caps and the upper portions of the sides. He paid about $100.

He does this all on grass but he weighs much less than many of us RVers. I'd use this on a solid surface. The scaffold comes apart for storage pretty easily.

3407079.jpg

imchud

Thanks,
I will check into polisher and scaffold both, or I wounder how much the kids next door would charge, I'll check that out also:D

tommy

dvmccaul

I tryed it it worked great until it touches the decals It will take the color right off them! be careful when using

dvmccaul

I am refering to the awesome cleaner you buy at the dollar stores. I sprayed it on my camper.and the color was running down the side before i could even wipe it off.

imchud

I am refering to the awesome cleaner you buy at the dollar stores. I sprayed it on my camper.and the color was running down the side before i could even wipe it off.

OMG!!!! :eek: I'm going to stay away from that crap... I was actually going to purchase some this week, looks like its back to Dawn :D....

Tommy