Mobile app?

danemayer

If you're looking for a mobile app to read the forum, Tapatalk is what most of us use. I have the iPad version but I think there's a slightly different iPhone version.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you're looking for a mobile app to read the forum, Tapatalk is what most of us use. I have the iPad version but I think there's a slightly different iPhone version.

I've tried using Tapatalk for reading the forum, but on my android, it seems that Chrome works much better.

Not sure why this is, unless Tapatalk is only good on I-phones.

What is the benefit of Tapatalk?

jbeletti

John,

I use Tapatalk on an Android phone and it works great. Not sure why it isn't great on your Android phone.

The advantages:
- Fast loading time
- Easy image attachments
- Easy to get through a lot of forum posts in a shorter amount of time

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John,

I use Tapatalk on an Android phone and it works great. Not sure why it isn't great on your Android phone.

The advantages:
- Fast loading time
- Easy image attachments
- Easy to get through a lot of forum posts in a shorter amount of time

It works OK on my android, but I haven't seen any benefit over just using Chrome . . .

Perhaps maybe Tapatalk uses less gigabyte usage . . . although I am almost always connected to a wifi source!

By the by . . . I have a six month old Droid Max.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tapatalk doesn't load all the extra stuff involved with the forum. Plus u involved/moderate another forum and use tapatalk for it too so it is much easier to switch between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use Tapatalk for iPhone. I sometimes can't see the photos. Not sure why, it's frustrating. I've even tried deleting the app and reinstalling.

jassson007

I use Tapatalk for iPhone. I sometimes can't see the photos. Not sure why, it's frustrating. I've even tried deleting the app and reinstalling.

That is a problem with this forum on the iPhone platform. I have not issue with my other forum on the iPhone. Strangely the photos show up when I use tapatalk on my iPad though. lol. Hmmmmm

jbeletti

That is a problem with this forum on the iPhone platform. I have not issue with my other forum on the iPhone. Strangely the photos show up when I use tapatalk on my iPad though. lol. Hmmmmm

We will look into the issue of images not displaying in Tapatalk. I was not aware this was broken in iPhone.

jimtoo

I was just looking at the Tapatalk forum.. and there is an option in "settings" to keep it from downloading the pictures.

jbeletti

I was just looking at the Tapatalk forum.. and there is an option in "settings" to keep it from downloading the pictures.

Perhaps someone with an iPhone and Tapatalk can look into this to see if by updating the image settings allows images to be displayed.

jassson007

Perhaps someone with an iPhone and Tapatalk can look into this to see if by updating the image settings allows images to be displayed.

Negative already checked that long ago and just now. Some images show but 95% do not.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Negative already checked that long ago and just now. Some images show but 95% do not.

X2. Some show, others do not.

5607ccb6519425031eb44508d5047f21.jpg
393255442614c31d1c09a6a3fc81e496.jpg

jassson007

Yep same issue and same results on those responses.