Landmark with a twist - Interested?

If you have a serious interest in such a Landmark, please specify below.

• Yes - Count me in. I'd use mine for hobbies/crafts/sewing etc.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yes - Count me in. I'd use mine as a toyhauler for a scooter, motorcycle etc.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes - Count me in. I'd use mine as a warehouse for my small home-based business.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Count me in. I'd use mine for some other purpose but I want one.

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

A poll by John Morgan

Being a Full-timer, I believe there is a need for a Landmark (high line type) fifth wheel with a twist. This would be to serve a niche market and I am curious if there is enough interest in something like this to approach the factory. There are a lot of people with disabilities that carry their electric scooters, people wanting to haul a single motorcycle, people that work full-time could use it as an office, men wanting a small workshop, ladies that do crafts, a sewing room, young families that are home schooling children. The room would be in the range of 6' x 8' or 7' x 8', side ramp door similar to the North Trail 280BHS and the Landmark rear cap.

Just out of curiosity, would you buy something like this?

John Morgan (jpmorgan37)

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
This sounds like something I would enjoy - at least until we get Rene'e her own bike! I'll be living 6 days/week in my Cyclone - ASAP, once I get it, working 70+ hrs/week, and I currently have only one bike. The side ramp door is a great idea for a room of that size. I usually work @ 3 hours from home and go home one, sometimes two nights on weekends. I'll be riding the bike home when the weather warms up to save on fuel costs.

PS: I'll have to try out my Cyclone first, but this sounds like a great idea.

Last edited:

Tom of Ypsi

I think it may work but for me it would only work as long as the big picture window is still there. I just love looking at the sunrise, at least for now, and maybe the next place the lake, sunset etc. Maybe a mid coach or a side running room so I would not have to give up my picture window.

DaleR

I would like a hobby/shop room. But if I put everything in it like I would want to do, it would have to be mounted on a low-boy, to move it around.

FLSTS03

Jim,
Glenndale has something simular with the titanium line, so there must be a need. By the way congrads on selling your Mt. Rush.

Steve

sharmulst

We would be very interested in a set up like this. This is exactly what Karen Young and myself talked to Scott about at the last rally.
Currently we tow a small trailer with a harley behind our 5th wheel but some states you cannot do this, as Florida. Hanging it on a carrier off the back of the 5th wheel is not a good idea.

jpmorgan37

Steve;

I've looked at the Titanium floorplan and this isn't quite what I was suggesting. I would prefer to retain the Landmark rear cap and picture window and just have the side entrance/ramp door. This would give a cozy room (with a view) while doing your crafts, office, home school, or what ever in there. It's just an idea and was curious as to what others thought.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I didn't vote because there wasn't a spot for a no vote. But that doesn't mean it's not a good idea. If it could be done so that the interior "cargo" area had the same level of decor as the living area, I think it would be very interesting. It could have a removable piece of carpet for when the "room" was being used to haul stuff and carpeted for normal living if desired. I'm pretty sure my Bighorn will be my last 5th wheel so I would have voted no. If I thought there may be a new trailer in our future, I would have voted yes. I love the idea of toy haulers but I also like the level of interior decor that makes living areas what they are. Comfy and cozy.

FLSTS03

just courious, for toyhauling and campground access, which would be better- a Landmark with the side ramp as suggested or a rear ramp? Doesn't Heartland allready have a side ramp model (Sundance)? If so it should not be a streach to design a Landmark as John has polled.

Steve

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Steve,

It would seem to me to be easier with a side ramp in the CG - since there are more back in sites than pull-thru. For one bike to haul, that may be the ticket - a smaller room/garage to carry it. You wouldn't have to sell your bike for a Landmark if they had one now!

HT

jpmorgan37

Ray's comment was in line with my initial thoughts. It could be ordered from bare bones to several options of a finished room, but I don't know if this is a possibility for the factory, so I didn't include that in the survey. For our use, I would finish it with carpet, finished walls, cabinets and a work table for Sue to do her card making and scrap booking.

jbeletti

Steve,

right - no stretch at all to do the design. Question is, how many could be sold. Creating and selling new floor plans is based on some estimate of how many could be sold. If there was sufficient interest in it, it could be made a reality. Hence, this poll and good discussion. Thanks for being a part of it.

Jim

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Before we added our ramp for Little Mama--I would have loved a Landmark qualitity unit with a cargo side opening. We looked on the market and no one is making one that doesn't have bunk beds. I would have used it for Little Mama (Smart Car 03) and a quilting room.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve,

It would seem to me to be easier with a side ramp in the CG - since there are more back in sites than pull-thru. For one bike to haul, that may be the ticket - a smaller room/garage to carry it. You wouldn't have to sell your bike for a Landmark if they had one now!

HT
Folks with big bikes need to keep in mind the trailer only has an inside width of about 90". You would have to angle the bike to get it in. Goldwings? Not!

BluegrassMan

I've looked around, there are SOME nice units with little garages, but none with the interior of a Landmark. I'd be curious to see how tastefull it could be done. An area just big enough for one large bike (touring) would be great.

Niles

We tried to find a toyhauler that we would be comfortable living in and just couldn't do it. My DW and friends can tell you we did a lot of traveling looking for the one that would fit. With the garage in back it takes a lot away from living space in the trailer, no rear living space, no tv that you can watch from a good angle, did I mention floor space? This is just a few and we looked at $40000 to $110000 trailers. I know we would be interested in the right layout, however I really don't think a good combo can be had. If you came up with one I think it would be a 48 foot trailer. We traded a 36 foot toyhauler in for our 3670rl, because we plan on becoming fulltimers in the near future and for now we just pull doubles so we can take the bike too, cause I plan on fulltimeing a lot longer than biking.