Motion sensor porch light issue

LyleJones

I have a 2013 3070 Big Horn. In less than two years of very moderate road use, I now have had the lens cracked on each side of the light. The first time it was covered by warranty. Has anyone experienced an issue with the fragility of the lens, and if so, what can be done to insure a longer lasting life of the light? I am not driving through brush, rain storms, etc.

rjr6150

Lylejones
if you have the Starlights brand there is a known defect in the plastic. See below

StarLights product alert.
Dear friends. Recently we have experienced an abnormally high rate of failure with respect to the small lenses that cover the PIR sensor on either side of the Smart Light 1000. We traced the failures back to a container we received a little over 2 years ago. The problem we found was that the plastics factory did not follow our formula, and consequently there was not enough UV additive in the plastics. Thus, the sun "ate" the lenses and caused them to crumble. While there is no risk of damage to the internal workings of the Smart Light, a missing lens will cause the unit to function improperly.

We have checked all inventory and verified that none of the fixtures on hand have this issue. However, there are many in the field that slipped by us. If you or anyone you know has a problem with these lenses, please contact us so that we can send you complimentary replacements. So sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we are committed to resolving this issue for you. Thank you for your patronage. Happy Camping!

contact@starlightsinc.com
Phone: (800) 883-5444(805) 685-8500

I have the same issue with my light. Thanks to the announcement in the newsletter, I now have new lenses. One call, no questions asked. They arrived in three days. I haven't changed them yet but it doesn't sound like it will be difficult.