New to RV'ing

Wyndryder

I recently purchased a new 2015 Cyclone 3100 Toy Hauler. I love my RV, however, the dealership I bought from did not go over the "how to" when we picked it up. That is whole nother story.
Thank god for friends we met on 1st time out camping, because we had some serious issues an they were able to help us get issues fixed to where we had a pleasant trip.
Now my issue is..we re coming into the cold weather and he never used the furnace. We are planning trip Oct.23-26.
Can someone please tell the Do's and Don'ts of running the furnace.

jimtoo

Hi Wyndryder,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your dealer should have given you a PDI to show you how everything works and make sure everything works. Happy to hear you had someone to help you with the small problems. You should have gotten a bag with all the owners manuals in it also. Here on the forum we have a very good area for manuals (Tools Tab) which also has some written by owners.

I am moving the thread to a better area for help with your furnace also.

Jim M

Snow

You might want to turn it on and run it for a while so the new smell gets off of it and get ready to take the smoke detector down it will probably go off , That's a poor dealer IMO. ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Wyndryder

No doubt on the Poor Dealer. We had a 9am appt. They didn't have the RV prepped or cleaned. Found all kinds of issues, took 1 month to get my TV remote, as they told me to go buy a universal one. Needless to say I was nice until about 2pm and finally left at 2:30 told them I will do it myself. Lots to deal with being a 1st time buyer. I'm sure they were happy to see me leave. Never to hear from them again. Thanks for the info on running the heat. I will do that this weekend while getting it ready to go.

cellman

Make sure your batteries are fully charged since the furnace fan will be running. If you have the Dometic thermostat and hooked up to power the a/c fan will run in the AUTO mode of the thermostat. You can select furnace mode on the thermostat and the a/c fan will turn off.

Wyndryder

Even if I'm plugged into power, the battery is what the fan is pulling off of?

Make sure your batteries are fully charged since the furnace fan will be running. If you have the Dometic thermostat and hooked up to power the a/c fan will run in the AUTO mode of the thermostat. You can select furnace mode on the thermostat and the a/c fan will turn off.

danemayer

Even if I'm plugged into power, the battery is what the fan is pulling off of?

The furnace electronics and blower run entirely from 12V. The 12V can be supplied either from the battery, or from the Power Converter when you're plugged into shore power, or from some combination. If there's a power outage on a cold night, you'll definitely be relying on the battery to run the furnace.