ATF: North Trail - Door Keys

Just picked up our 2015 North Trail 26LRSS last week and found different door keys for front and back doors. Why is this? I have two keys with purple covers that make it hard to tell which is for which door. Can another door lock be ordered that would match one of the two doors so the same key opens both doors by supplying the key number? Thanks.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just picked up our 2015 North Trail 26LRSS last week and found different door keys for front and back doors. Why is this? I have two keys with purple covers that make it hard to tell which is for which door. Can another door lock be ordered that would match one of the two doors so the same key opens both doors by supplying the key number? Thanks.

I know . . .

Our Trail Runner has two entrance doors . . . each with it's own key!

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

Major PITA trying to figure out which key goes to which door . . . even with a color coded key ring!

And nobody stocks the key blanks (not even the RV dealerships or Camping World), so it is almost impossible to get spare keys made without special ordering them, then maybe taking them to Home Depot or Lowes to get the blanks cut.

I was actually surprised that Camping World doesn't make keys . . . imagine how much money they are throwing away each and every day by not providing such a simple, yet needed service for their customers!

I'm sure it costs less for the trailer manufacturers to just put in non-matching key locks as it would to put locks using the same keys.

I've seen the trailer door locks sold at Camping World and other RV parts stores, so I'm sure you can purchase a set that uses the same keys.

I've also seen the keyless entry locks for RV's . . . nice, but kinda pricey!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I think a lock smith can re-key one of the locks to match the other. I only have one door on my North trail, but put on a RV locK....super product, use the combination, remote or the option of a key. I no longer carry around trailer keys.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Sorry to highjack the thread, can you provide a link?

I think a lock smith can re-key one of the locks to match the other. I only have one door on my North trail, but put on a RV locK....super product, use the combination, remote or the option of a key. I no longer carry around trailer keys.

pegmikef

I just painted a yellow dot on the bedroom keys and in a little over two years and 20k plus miles, never had a problem. Since there are just two of us we usually only opened the bedroom to door when loading and unloading stuff.