Provide Craft/Office Space in the Bedroom

danemayer

DW loves the "Zoom-Room Murphy Bed" product and would love to see it adapted for a Landmark.

In an RV bedroom, the height of the room might prevent the bed from being completely rolled up into the wall system, but perhaps you could get 4 feet of extra space with a partial roll-up.

It looks like the wall apparatus would take up 12-18" depending on mattress thickness, so I would think there would have to be slideouts on both sides of the room to avoid shortening the bed and still leave a walk way at the foot of the bed when not rolled up.

Picture "zooming" the bed into the off-door-side wall to clear 4 feet of working space. The door-side slide-out could provide another 18". That would open up a workspace large enough for a desk/craft table. Now picture a work surface that "popped" up out of the bed support structure and could be adjusted to be a horizontal surface, or perhaps sit at up to a 30 degree angle. Or perhaps the work surface could be built into the wall structure and drop down over the portion of the bed that doesn't get rolled up.

Engineering work would be required. But here's a way to add a big 6' x 4' workspace without more frame or sidewalls.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Neat idea, but I don't know if I would want to add 7 grand to the price of a coach.
And no mention of weight.

Peace
Dave

Crumgater

Totally cool idea!

Maybe the roll of the bed could continue up and around the top?
and/or leave it part way out the bottom to be couch-depth when "up"?

Maybe have the 'desk' area on sliders, so it could lift up to the ceiling, allowing the headboard of the bed to stay tucked up next to the outer wall.

Hmmm... endless possibilities!!