Cyclone weight

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Just curious why the Cyclones typically weigh more that other Heartland models? There is less actual living area and alot of open space in the garage. Could the 12" I-Beam Steel Frame be the reason? Thanks.

Actually, all kiding aside. I would guess it has to do with the fact that it's a Toy Hauler. It probably needs more support laterally as well.

Anyone else?

Rock On...

noconwud

cyclone weight

The extra weight comes from all the extra stuff they have because they are a toy-hauler! Bigger frame, generator, fuel tank and pump, bigger tanks, taller roof front-to-back (taller walls, more weight), three axles, need I say more?;)

davelinde

I cannot tell you a "usually"... but my Cyclone 3210 showed up at 12,660# and pin at 21%
Added to the brochure was the genset, 12 gallons gasoline, 60# propane, full HWH, 1/3 tank fresh water, my tools, and luggage for 5. This weekend I'm guessing my wife moved another 1000# out of our old rig and I'd guess we will add another 1000# of stuff before we ever think about hauling a "toy". Good news is that it still has plenty of capacity to haul more -- bad news is that it's more than my truck tires are rated to do.

So yes... TH's come with a weight penalty. Still I like having an extra axle back there and that nice big garage for stuff! (that's why we bought it)