Stubbed out power near vents?

cj11302000

I just bought a 2009 Sundance 2997BHS and love it. I didn't order power roof vents and now I'm considering putting in a couple of Fantastic Fan Power Vents. Can anyone tell me if the factory leaves power wires stubbed out at the vent locations (main living and bedroom) or am I going to need to borrow power from somewhere else? Thanks!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
There typically are not stubbed wires left in the ceiling but you can however tie your power into any close by light. There should be plenty of those to tie into.

cj11302000

Skeptical

Yeah, I called my dealer and asked them to check with Heartland...they said they did and the factory told them wiring was stubbed out at vents to install power vents...but I'm not confident that it is the case. My rig is an 09 and maybe they are doing that now...but I guess I won't know until I look. Thanks.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Yes there are wires for 12v up in the ceiling for power vents, this is something we have been doing since July of 2006, the wires should be brown and looped in the cavity if you would like here is our Customer Svc # 574-262-8030 and ask for Jim Fenner. Thanks and have a great day, and enjoy your Sundance!!!! John SD manager

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
That is too cool! Way to go Heartland! That is an awesome feature, stubbing wires for the customer's future, possible add-on. And who knew they'd been doing it since 2006? Great job!

fishn2dmax

WOW, that is great news! I just bought a fantastic fan and was dreading the thought of trying to tie into the 12 volts in the ceiling light.

THANK YOU Heartland for your great innovation and foresight!

cj11302000

John, thanks for the reply!!! I am too impressed that the wires are stubbed out. This will make putting in vents much easier!!