over& over

clowers

5th time out in our 2014 prowler. Same old problems and a new one. Awing leaks at the seam, tv reception is awful unless we run the cable in through a window, on and on. Last time we picked the camper up from Camping World service dept a new problem, no power in the microwave outlet. Service says parts are on order over and over, until I loudly demanded resolution. Part came in that morning. What a surprise at the dealer the part arrived weeks early. Maybe I should call Heartland to ask if there is a warranty repair center around here that can actually fix problems. Very frustrated with Heartland's dealer in my area.
Any one else find a good repair shop that does Heartland warranty?

!

danemayer

Hi clowers,

Dealer quality seems to vary quite a bit. Many of us have found independent service shops that have to do a good job in order to stay in business. Heartland's usually pretty flexible about authorizing warranty work at independents and also at non-Heartland dealers. But you do have to get prior authorization.

Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They may be able to point you to nearby servicers who have previously been authorized.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
5th time out in our 2014 prowler. Same old problems and a new one. Awing leaks at the seam, tv reception is awful unless we run the cable in through a window, on and on. Last time we picked the camper up from Camping World service dept a new problem, no power in the microwave outlet. Service says parts are on order over and over, until I loudly demanded resolution. Part came in that morning. What a surprise at the dealer the part arrived weeks early. Maybe I should call Heartland to ask if there is a warranty repair center around here that can actually fix problems. Very frustrated with Heartland's dealer in my area.
Any one else find a good repair shop that does Heartland warranty?

!

I had several leaks along the rain gutters and awning and had the dealer fix them three times.

So far the gutter leaks seem to be gone, but I noticed on our last campout that the awning leaks are still there.

As for the TV reception, I also had the same issue.

My dealer never could figure it out, even though I discovered the problem and showed it to them!

I wound up going up on the roof while on a trip to South Dakota and pulling the coax up through the roof and replaced the connectors myself (after they tried . . . twice :eek: ).

Got much better reception, but the best thing I ever did for that was to get rid of the bat wing antenna and replaced it with the JackTV antenna ($40 bucks at Camping World and a five minute install)!

Not only do I get more channels right here in my side yard, but I've been getting stations at campgrounds up in the mountains that I never could pick up any TV stations!

As for the microwave outlet, mine has gone out a couple of times, and both times I found the electrical outlet in the bathroom (the one with the circuit breaker in it) had popped.

Pressed the yellow button on the outlet, and the microwave outlet came back on!

Hope this helps . . .

KyleB

Our 2014 Prowler Resort had leaky gutters too. There are seams in the gutters that were never sealed.

Lynn1130

Some things, like leaky seams in gutters are pretty easy to fix with some silicone sealer, a ladder and a few minutes. Taking the rig in for those types of fixes is a waste of my time and money. Someone here mentioned that owning a trailer comes with a requirement of the owner's time and effort to do some maintenance. I know that some are not mechanically inclined or have physical limitations but those of us who can climb a ladder should expect that we are going to have to do some repairs ourselves.

Now, should we expect that Heartland should send the trailer out the door with everything working properly, sure but that probably won't happen every time so we need to be prepared to fix a few things.

And as an afterthought. Knowing what I know now having dealt with more than one dealer and their service facilities. Find an independent RV repair facility in your area that others trust and use them. I have had very little good luck with dealer facilities. They charge too much and many care more about the check coming from the manufacturer for warranty work than the customer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Some things, like leaky seams in gutters are pretty easy to fix with some silicone sealer, a ladder and a few minutes. Taking the rig in for those types of fixes is a waste of my time and money. Someone here mentioned that owning a trailer comes with a requirement of the owner's time and effort to do some maintenance. I know that some are not mechanically inclined or have physical limitations but those of us who can climb a ladder should expect that we are going to have to do some repairs ourselves.

Now, should we expect that Heartland should send the trailer out the door with everything working properly, sure but that probably won't happen every time so we need to be prepared to fix a few things.

And as an afterthought. Knowing what I know now having dealt with more than one dealer and their service facilities. Find an independent RV repair facility in your area that others trust and use them. I have had very little good luck with dealer facilities. They charge too much and many care more about the check coming from the manufacturer for warranty work than the customer.

I know what you are sayin' . . .

But not all of us are the greatest when you put a saw in our hands! :p

I can do a lot a small fixes, but put a caulking gun in my hands . . . and I get caulk all over me and none on the project at hand!

But give me a camera . . . any camera . . . and I'll make every photo look like Ansel Adams took it!

SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg HangingLake-P1050488.jpg BlackCanyon-IMGP1754.jpg BigMac-1.jpg PrairieDogs-IMGP0247.jpg SandDunes-IMGP1114.jpg SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg

We all have our thing that we are exceptional at (I got my first full-time daily newspaper photographer job when I was 19 years old in 1979).

TXTiger

Very nice pictures

I know what you are sayin' . . .

But not all of us are the greatest when you put a saw in our hands! :p

I can do a lot a small fixes, but put a caulking gun in my hands . . . and I get caulk all over me and none on the project at hand!

But give me a camera . . . any camera . . . and I'll make every photo look like Ansel Adams took it!

View attachment 32565 View attachment 32566 View attachment 32567 View attachment 32568 View attachment 32569 View attachment 32570 View attachment 32571

We all have our thing that we are exceptional at (I got my first full-time daily newspaper photographer job when I was 19 years old in 1979).

jamnw

clowers, I notice you also live in TN. I'm in SE TN. Just curious what part you are in, since you are having issues with the dealer. Hopefully not the same one I'm dealing with for a possible new purchase.