Prowler 28W, 1986

nezugic

Hi there,
I just purchased my new (used) trailer (Prowler 28, 1986) located in a trailer park. I have no manuals, brochures ... Does anybody know the roof material. Please help.

Neven

danemayer

Hi nezugic,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Heartland was formed about 10 years ago and purchased the rights to the Prowler name a few years ago. So a 1986 build pre-dates that by quite a bit. It's possible that someone on the forum may have had some experience with Prowlers back then and might know the answer.

We do have an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals here, but most are more recent. They may be of help to you to some extent. Here's a link.

nezugic

Hi nezugic,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Heartland was formed about 10 years ago and purchased the rights to the Prowler name a few years ago. So a 1986 build pre-dates that by quite a bit. It's possible that someone on the forum may have had some experience with Prowlers back then and might know the answer.

We do have an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals here, but most are more recent. They may be of help to you to some extent. Here's a link.

As I am aware there are 3 types of RV roofs:

1. Rubber

2. Galvanized steel

3. Aluminum

I am planning to reseal the roof and would like to know what material to use. I have heard of Dyco 20/20 and Eternabond tape.

Any experience

Neven

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
A 1986 Prowler was manufacture by Fleetwood RV's. More than likely the roof is a single piece aluminum. If you are near a RV or Mobile Home parts/supply go visit them and ask them what is best caulking to use for the type of roof that you have.

nezugic

A 1986 Prowler was manufacture by Fleetwood RV's. More than likely the roof is a single piece aluminum. If you are near a RV or Mobile Home parts/supply go visit them and ask them what is best caulking to use for the type of roof that you have.

Thanks for the info. This is a good start. I also think it is a aluminum roof. I just returned from winterizing and closing the trailer for the season. I hope May (when the park opens) will come soon.

Thanks

Neven