Radio Antenna

B

BouseBill

Jenson JWM 990...Where is the antenna located, 2015 Big Horn 3570RS Don't see one anywhere on the outside of the coach and can't pick up any AM stations...not one...nothing but static:(

jimtoo

HI BouseBill,

Check your blue bag with all the owners manuals. You might find a small bunch of wire all tied up. If you do, this will have a end on it to plug into the back side of your system. Just unwind and spread it out will work some. This has been found numerous times where it is not plugged in.

I did move thread to better area.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Jenson JWM 990...Where is the antenna located, 2015 Big Horn 3570RS Don't see one anywhere on the outside of the coach and can't pick up any AM stations...not one...nothing but static:(

You'll probably need to pull the stereo out of the wall . . . and you'll find a diapole antenna wound up in a ball with a rubber band wrapped around it.

It probably is already plugged in to the back of the stereo, but just needs to be unwound and stretched out.

B

BouseBill

Thanks guys. Found the antenna but still no AM reception. Although on both the truck and car we get AM stations, so I think it could be the way the rig is sitting and using an inside antenna vs. an antenna mounted on the outside of the slide.

Bill

wdk450

Bill:
I think the tuners used in the trailer stereo systems have a reputation for being pretty poor. I put in a permanent input cable connected to the auxiliary input on my Coby DVD/Surround sound stereo system, with the 1/8 inch stereo plug (headphone type) end lying loose on my desk. I use it with my MP3 players, and can also plug my quality AM/FM/Shortwave portable radio into this input.

AnnR

We had an external antenna on the top of our 2011 Sundance 3200 FK...until this year. After starting to get really bad radio reception, we noticed that the stubby black rubber antenna is missing. While closing it up/winterizing Saturday I took a close look at where the antenna was, but can't figure it out. The rubber antenna is completely gone - no snapped off piece left. There is a Phillips head screw screwed through a plastic piece that has what looks like half of a hard black plastic ball on the side. The screw goes straight through into the roof. The half ball shape has a hole through the side, but it doesn't look like a functional connection, just a hole in the plastic. The only "connection" point seems to be the screw. I've been looking at replacement antennas, but I haven't seen anything that attaches with one screw straight into the roof. Does this sound familiar to anyone? The stereo/DVD is an Estone EX8500, but I don't know if the antenna was even related to the stereo, or if those are 2 separate components. I've tried the Estone website, but it seems like they no longer have RV stereos. Any ideas or suggestions of where to look/what to look for? Thanks!

Last edited: