Is your floor like mine?

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
I have a '07 3055 and have noticed that my floor will flex when someone walks over it. The area I noticed this is about 2-3 square feet just inside the door at the foot of the steps. There is a furnace vent near there. A high traffic area. Service dept at dealer said they all do this but I find that hard to beleive. Wonder what will happen with continued flexing?

Two Hands

Mine does the same thing in what seems like the same area. But my wife and I don't call it a flex, we call it a squeak in the floor. My wife will put up with it for a while then insist I get it repaired. The same thing happened on our little Fleetwood travel trailer and it was quite expensive to fix.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ours flexed and squeaked. I repaired it by pulling back the vinyl and screwing the floor sheathing to the joists. There were very few screws in it from the factory. I don't know if the factory used glue or not to adhere the sheathing to the joists. That took care of the squeak. I have since installed laminate flooring and that has removed some of the flex but not all. BUT, I'm one of them big boys. I have a Black Belt in Buffet. (If you know what I mean). A normal sized person might not have the same effect on the floor.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Mine is in another shop to see if they can get the flex/squeak fixed. My selling dealer wouldn't work on it, but another HL dealer is going to try to fix it. We'll see.....

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
My 08 3670 has two floor squeeks, one in the living area and one in the bedroom in front of the closet. I would just imagine that the dealer will have to pull back the carpet to fix it. We'll see.

cmart

Yes we too have a little vertical movement but no squeak in that area. However its not bad enough to start removing flooring.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have an 07 and we have the same problem, more of a queak when stepped on. WE were told at the Rally in Goshen that that is jus tthe way it was made..../Doug

creeper

Ray here is a picture of the New floor

Actual floor.

09_BC_LaminateFloor.jpg

The flooring thickness has also changed over previous models.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well I guess that's one pretty nice looking floor section. But what has me confused is how or why Heartland would start out in 06 with aluminum floor studs, change them in 07 to wooden due to rising aluminum prices and now go back to aluminum. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash. What's confusing is the way they change a process and materials so fast. I thought they were still wood but I haven't looked at a brochure for a while.

My 08 3055 also has a soft spot (flexible) near the floor vent in the kitchen. Is it necessry to repair (before warranty runs out)?