Hot Floor

Rangelady

We just bought a 3200RS Gateway. We love it and we are on our 3rd outing. This one required we turn on the heat. It is the first time we have had to do this. Has anyone noticed the bathroom floor getting hot? When I got up this morning, I could feel the heat through a throw rug right in front of the toilet. Felt good on my cold feet at first but then made me realize this can't be normal. Any one have any advice? We have an appointment with the dealership for winterizing and small warranty fixes. We will tell them about it too but wanted to see what you have experienced.

danemayer

I could feel the heat through a throw rug right in front of the toilet.
Hi Rangelady,

"feel the heat..." is subjective, but if your throw rug was not covering the duct, and this was just regular flooring that got very hot, you may have something that needs to be investigated right away. I recall a similar thread in the past year where I think a cover plate on the furnace was lying loose for some reason.

You should have it investigated before using the furnace again.

Rangelady

Thanks danemayer. The rug does not cover any vents and yes it will be checked tomorrow. Buying an extra blanket today so we don't have to turn the furnace on tonight.

Bohemian

You have a heated basement. If the ducting is giving too much heat to the basement (and to little to the house) you may get this effect. Could be h
ooked up wrong or perhaps a blocked duct?

MTPockets

We had a warm spot on the bedroom floor..... Later found the forward hatch light had been left on causing some heat to transfer....

Crumgater

How 'hot' is 'hot'?
Does the heat follow the path of the duct work?
Worth checking out, in any case.

Rangelady

Thanks everyone. She is in the shop and hopefully they can tell is what is happening. I will update the thread when I know what caused it.

Gateway

Hi, we have a 2014 Gateway 3500RE we have a total of 4 heat vents 2 upstairs and 2 in living area. When the heat is set to on the upstairs vents put out an enormous amount of hot air, so hot to the point where the floor is almost to hot to touch. The other 2 vents are warm within 6 inches of the vent, no warm air is blowing from vents. We are in our 3rd week and it's getting down into the 30's at night. The unit was winterized, I looked underneath and the ducts looked fine although they were so hot to the touch. Just looking for some advice on getting the heat to the back of the rig. Also is it just too far from the exchange or is it a problem that needs attention?

Th anks,
Jennifer & James
Roxy, Zoe

rxbristol

I have a warm spot near the shower. When I looked into the "belly" the only thing I noticed was the vent hose, that was going to the bathroom vent, was very close to the floor at the particular warm spot.

brlr2000

We have the Gateway 3500RE, and have also noticed the warm floor in the bathroom area. After investigating underneath, I found nothing unusual. The ductwork is located close to the floor, and the heat naturally stays near the ducts. I am not too concerned with it, although it may be more efficient to wrap all the ducting with another layer of insulation...for more efficiency.

Rangelady

So the dealership put more insulation around the ductwork so the floor shouldn't get too hot anymore. We are going to spend New Year's Eve in it to test it out and make sure all is good. I sure do appreciate all your input and suggestions. I love this site! & the folks that are associated with it. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!