Weight from Generator

I am looking to buy a 2009 3400 RL, and the listed hitch weight is either 1940#'s or 2180#'s depending on which part of the Heartland site you look at. The generators I am considering, are the Onan RV QG 5500 LP, or the RV QG 2500 LP (both LP gas powered)the listed dry weights of these are 290#'s, and 113#'s respectively We will probably get the 3400 RL with both air conditioners, but would only run one while dry camping. So multi-part question:

How much of the added weight that far ahead of the axles would transfer to the hitch

Anyone with experiences with generators on Heartlands, and recomendations?

Do people add another tank for the generator, and if so where at? I have heard that it is best to have extra tanks for the generator.

grizzlygiant

I presume you mean the QG 3500? This is the one I have and I am entirely satisfied with it for running one ac along with lights and TV. It uses less fuel than the 5500 model. I do not have any additional tanks installed on the coach however if I were to be out in the boonies I would carry a few spare bottles in the back of the truck.

Concerning the added pin weight: I do not have an answer except the by using geometry you would expect a little more than half of the weight to end up on the pin.