Carpet Cleaners

JimHamlin

I'm curious as to the best way anyone's found, to clean a small area-rug in their rig. A full-sized rug cleaner takes up WAY too much storage space, and we're full-timers so there's no place else to store one like that. I've reviewed the small "spot" cleaners on the market but they all seem to be rated and geared for just that - spots. We have a 6X10 area rug in the living area of our 3400RL that's taken on the smell of our 100lb yellow lab, and need to find a good cleaning solution. I guess the default will be to pay for a 1-day rental, but that seems a bit much for such a small area. Any ideas?

Jim & Jan

Crumgater

Have you tried a spritz with Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution? Those have worked for us on pet odors (including cat urine, if you catch it before it dries).

A good spritz/soak followed by air drying in sunshine might do the trick.

They have some options that are crystals that you sprinkle on carpets, that might work better on a rug than the spray, too.

JimHamlin

If washable, perhaps an oversized washer at a laundromat.

Thanx for your feedback, but I don't think there's a large enuf commercial washer to handle a 6X10 area rug. We just used one a short while ago to wash a 6ft. by 15-inch runner & 3 smaller rugs, and it was really packed!