aux fuel tank

jnbhobe

I'me looking for an aux. tank to fit under the rolltop.size is about 60"L X 20"W X 10"H. Does anyone know where I can find one. Thanks,JON

sealman

Go to the below link, This is a common subject.
Good luck,
John
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4832&highlight=Aux+fuel+tank

jnbhobe

aux feul tank

Thanks everyone, RDS in flordia seems to be the only one with one under 12" H. I'll try to contact them on monday.

jimtoo

After you check with the RDS company, you might want to check Northern Tool Co. or Tractor Supply. I think you will find the tanks cheaper at one of these places than at the manufacture.

Jim

jgilbert

If you contact www.atta.com, they can make you a tank in whatever size you need.

They are located in Mansfield, TX. I have one of their tanks that is 18 " high and holds 45 gallons.

Joe

dieselengineer

Charter Member
jnprobe

When you call RDS on Monday, ask about building a custom size tank. I had RDS make a tank to exact size to fit under my retrax cover. It came out great! They will custom build a tank for only a small additional cost. You only have to wait a little longer, but the result is worth the wait.

jnbhobe

aux feul tank

DIESELENGINEER, I will talk to RDS tomorrow, I see in your signature you have backup lights,was there a wire snubed off in the back or did you have to run one? I've got a 3370 BH ordered,just waiting.Led lights and side turn lights are waiting in the garage,just wondering about BU lights,LED BU are pricey THANKS JON

dieselengineer

Charter Member
You ask about backup lights. I have install my lights at the front legs. I know most people think that the lights need to be at the back of the coach. I wondered why, that is the part of the coach I can not see from the driver seat even in day light. I like to see where the wheels of the coach are going. Therefore, with the lights at the front legs, the total area around the wheels and to the sides is visible from the drivers seat. Also makes connecting utility and blocking the wheel easy in the dark since the total ground area cast in light.

linuxkidd

You ask about backup lights. I have install my lights at the front legs. I know most people think that the lights need to be at the back of the coach. I wondered why, that is the part of the coach I can not see from the driver seat even in day light. I like to see where the wheels of the coach are going. Therefore, with the lights at the front legs, the total area around the wheels and to the sides is visible from the drivers seat. Also makes connecting utility and blocking the wheel easy in the dark since the total ground area cast in light.

Can you do a write up for this mod? Pictures, parts used, links, etc.. I think it'd be a great addition to the HOOT.

Thanks!
LK

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Backup"s"

I am very busy at the moment and in my spare time, (and what very little time that is) I am working on my next upgrade. I know a lot of people have install backup cameras on the back of their coaches. I don't know how useful this location would be since I have never had one, however the issue with routing cable and wire from the driver seat to the rear of the coach is over the top. My plan is to mount the camera on the rear axle of the TV, back of the pumpkin at the bottom. That way the camera will be easy to connect. The view of all four wheels of the coach during travel would be great to keep an eye on tire issues. It would also provide views of things behind at the ground level. Also when the TV is not connected to the coach, the camera is still functional. As you see, I like to think outside the box.