Feedback Requested - Proposed Big Country Floor Plan

jbeletti

Hey all,

Heartland would like to get some feedback on the proposed Big Country floor plan below.

Highlights
  • Rear Entertainment layout
  • TV facing Theater Seating
  • Tall living room slide outs with opposing pairs of recliners
  • Free-standing Island
  • 4-person Dinette
  • Residential Refrigerator
  • Large set of Pantry Cabinets
  • All-in-One Bathroom
  • King Bed
  • W/D in Front Closet
  • ~42'-6"

What do you like about it?

What would you change?

Other feedback...

New Big Country Nbr 11.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It is interesting but I would increase the length of the island either forward or aft and make it more of a peninsula feel and I would also combine the two door side slides and make it one large slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Get rid of two of the recliners and replace them with a nice couch to stretch out on and add some room to the table slide so some of us fat people don't have to try and squeeze in around the table..Don

Kbvols

I personally would not have the need for so much seating or should I say recliner seating. I would make the door side slide 1 large slide could then option for a couch or recliners and use the off door slide for work desk or option recliners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevenssr

Things I like:
1. Big slides on both recliner slides. My BC has a slide that is to shallow to hold a couch and it rocks forward off the slide when you sit on it.
2. Love the theater seating facing the TV!
3. Kitchen and Bedroom access with slides in.

Recommendations:
1. I'd prefer two couch's to the recliners. The theater seats recline and we need a couch to sleep on or fold out to a bed. This sleeps two and has a living room for 6. Need to at least have the capability to sleep 4.
2. Dining room table slide needs to be as big as possible. The theater seating may make it impossible to combine these into one big slide (with the recliner slide). If not, the dining room table slide needs to be as long as possible. Otherwise, it will be real claustrophobic sitting 4 people at the table (especially next to the slide).
3. Trailer is too long. Maybe need to go to a queen size bed to shorten the thing up.

Overall, very nice design.

Scott

TXTiger

I like the dinette, wish my Cyclone had one. Agree that it should be big enough. Also agree that one set of recliners should be a sofa that opens to a bed. The other set should not be necessary and a desk area since there will be plenty of seating room with the tv facing theater seating and a sofa. But now I ask, where do I put my Harley lol lol lol

Bohemian

I don't know? I don't understand the target buyer. It's a big unit. Yet it stores very little compared to many of the other BC units. It looks as if the rear LR could also be a bunk room, it closes off, but it' not part of the plan. It only sleeps two.

The full slide and the desk options sound great. It looks like it could feel small and closed in.

It's not fop us, but I really don't know who would want it.

dbbls59

I agree with many others. Remove one set of recliners and put in a desk. The dining area seems small. Make it one large slide. Remove the dresser from inside the closet. Use a Queen bed to provide more room in the bedroom. Put cabinets over the dinette to store dishes and this should be done in all Big Country's. Put windows in the bed room slide.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have never had a rig that slept more than two.
Although I am not a fan of rear entertainment, many people are.
One thought here is that the wall behind the theatre seating could be a hip wall to maintain the open feeling in the coach.
Looks like one door of the refrigerator would be available when the slide is in. That would work.
Since all the slides are of differing depth and on one side a different height, having one large slide may not be such a good idea.
Having options for a desk or chairs might be something to think about. Some people favor a desk, me not so much.
Since everybody has their own idea of the perfect coach, having some options like a desk or bed and refrigerator size might be something to think about.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

We have never had a rig that slept more than two.
Although I am not a fan of rear entertainment, many people are.
One thought here is that the wall behind the theatre seating could be a hip wall to maintain the open feeling in the coach.
Looks like one door of the refrigerator would be available when the slide is in. That would work.
Since all the slides are of differing depth and on one side a different height, having one large slide may not be such a good idea.
Having options for a desk or chairs might be something to think about. Some people favor a desk, me not so much.
Since everybody has their own idea of the perfect coach, having some options like a desk or bed and refrigerator size might be something to think about.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the feedback Dave. What looks like a wall behind the theater seating is not a floor to ceiling wall. I asked about that one right away.

MCTalley

I'm inclined to agree with others on things like optioning in a desk/workspace (probably would do this on the door-side slide to keep the seating in a group). Extending the island into an "L" behind the theater seating would garner a lot of storage and counter space that is lacking.

The upstairs is standard BC fare. I'm sure a queen mattress is still an option (which we prefer for additional floor space in the bedroom). We've never really liked the closet dresser, but a set of open shelves there is much more usable (we modded ours to that effect).

Are the dashed lines in the two living room slides indicating overhead storage? Is there any storage above the dining table?

Given the stated square footage of 423, a long slide on either side wouldn't be doable given the RVIA standard of a maximum of 430 sq. ft.

I'm a fan of "bigger is better", so the nearly 43' length don't scare me.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I think the lenght of 42 plus feet is too long many of the campgrounds I found in the Northeast especially in New Jersey would not be able to accommodate it or it will be very tight to get into a spot. Our current rig is 40' and we have had issues getting it into some small spots. I agree with many there is too much seating - the theater seating is good where it is but I would take away the recliners and maybe put in another set of theater seating on the kitchen slide side and leave the door slide side an option for a couch, recliners (either standard or more theater) or a desk. I like theater seating better than recliners as they are already secure and no issues in traveling. As for the island I would move it either closer to the theater seats and make it a L shape counter with cabinet storage underneath or leave it as a stand alone and put a counter with cabinets underneath extended from slide to the end of the seating and have two openings in and out of the kitchen. It does not show if there are overhead cabinets in living or dinnette area but they are a necessity to have. I also agree with having the door slide be a large slide as it can be tight sitting at dinnette table especially with 4 people. Leave an option as to a king or queen size bedding some people like more floor space oppose to sleep space. As for the shower doors I like the frosted doors opposed to clear doors I loved them when I had my Bighorn. What I am hearing from many people who are looking to purchase new rigs is they would like to have the flexibility to swap out chairs, flooring and bedding and have more of an option to put items they like in when ordering a rig opposed to what is only offered which may be limited.

SeattleLion

I think two large slides (kitchen, LR) would give a more open feel. Four recliners seems too much to me. I would replace the two on the off-door side with the entertainment center/desk/fireplace and put a couch on the back wall.

Bohemian

I think two large slides (kitchen, LR) would give a more open feel. Four recliners seems too much to me. I would replace the two on the off-door side with the entertainment center/desk/fireplace and put a couch on the back wall.

I agree entirely, but that makes it almost the same as many other BC models.

azbigfoot

I'm not a fan of the side-by-side recliners. Problem one is they are too small for tall and wide folks. Problem two is most folks don't need all that extra seating. Problem three is there is no space for setting things down near them. Problem four is they don't really swivel very well when they are in close proximity. I think a couch on one side and the really important part .... a single, large/comfortable/sturdy recliner on the other side ... you could even fit in a desk/dry bar next to it. No need to get up for that next cocktail. That would be my preference.