Powerland 10000 Tri-fuel Generator Issues

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We live in a hurricane-vulnerable area, so we bought a portable generator to run our BH so we can stay in it while we have power outages during 1 or 2 category hurricanes (we stay home for those :>). This is our situation. We tried running the central air and the AC labored and didn't run properly so we turned it off immediately. We had the surge protector plugged in, but didn't notice the light situation. When we hooked up our Progressive Industries Surge Protector to the generator once again, it showed that there is an "open neutral". It has a 50 and 30 amp plug on the generator, ready to go we assumed. We are running it on NG, which is great, but what is this "open neutral" deal? Please help us brainstorm this. Thanks for your help.

Jim.Allison

There is a method to hook up a non rv generator to your rv. This is probably what you are experiencing. Someone will be along with the specific information.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Betty, the fix in Dans link will work. I had to do that years ago, although using a different method.
I like the plug mod shown in the link.
David should be able so set that up for you easily.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Both solutions are doing the same thing but for Powerland's approach you have to open the generator and locate the correct mounting points. NoShockZone's approach does the same thing by putting the jumper on the removable plug. It's a trip to the hardware store and a few dollars in either case. I think I might go for the removable plug.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Crazy to think "that" would solve our issue. When we saw "open neutral" on our surge protector, we got very unnerved thinking that we may have fried something on the BH. So far, so good. I will let you know the results.

Thanks a bunch, as usual.