Mr. Clean eraser onawning and exterior walls

Miltp920

We read on another forum that Mr. Clean eraser is good for cleaning the awning. So I tried it. DW bought a mop version on a pole, and IT WORKED GREAT! So, I tried the mop on the black streaks on the walls, IT WORKED GREAT! We will have one stored in the basement storage from now on.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good idea.
Thanks for the tip.
People are always looking for an easy way to clean awnings and black streaks.

Peace
Dave

FiremanBill

Will give this a try. I hate cleaning the awnings on my cyclone. Need a step ladder and an extension brush! Thanks for the tip

wdk450

I have used the Mr. Clean erasers on my white composite kitchen sinks (along with Barkeepers Friend or Bon Ami), but they seem to fall apart rapidly on me. Have you experienced this with the mop version?

MTPockets

Those erasers are great. I don't like using it on exterior gel coat for fear of damaging the shine. It's certainly going to remove anywax or coating that has been previously applied.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Those erasers are great. I don't like using it on exterior gel coat for fear of damaging the shine. It's certainly going to remove anywax or coating that has been previously applied.
My concern is damage to the decals.

Miltp920

Yes, the mop destroyed itself by the end of the job. I also had one of the hand held 3x4 inch erasers. I used it with the mop to aid the partially destroyed mop to get the black wall streaks. That eraser was ready for the trash when I was done. I did not notice any loss of glossy finish, but I will look more close and report what I see. Awning has no gloss, so at least for that job, it is safe. I still used a ladder, because the mop handle was only 4 feet long. Plus my black streaks were minor. Cyclone only one year old. My experience with scrubbing the black off the roof would lead me to believe the mop eraser would not last long, but it would be worth a try. I used soapy water to help with the cleaning. That would be a must, I would think on the roof. I would have a replacement for the end of the mop for a roof job.

I have used the Mr. Clean erasers on my white composite kitchen sinks (along with Barkeepers Friend or Bon Ami), but they seem to fall apart rapidly on me. Have you experienced this with the mop version?

Miltp920

Just checked the gel coat and all is still glossy. I am sure if you scrubbed too hard you could remove the finish. IF one wanted to, can we wax a gel coat to restore a finish. At one year old, mine still looks new, but maybe after a few seasons, a wax job may be in order?