Questions, Just ordered a 2015 Gateway 3650BH

I ordered a 2015 Gateway 3650BH, and it should be done by the end of this month. I have a few questions that I can't seem to get an answer on:

1) What are the differences between the 2014 and 2015 models?
2) What size is the TV in the living room, and is there a place to set a cable box by it?
3) Has anyone had an endless hot water system installed?
4) Any other known issues I should be on the lookout for?
5) How functional is the outside kitchen?

Im a little nervous, having never seen a unit like this in person. I was sold on the Montana Mountaineer bunkhouse until a friend turned me onto the Gateway-the full tub is what changed my wife and I's minds.

Thanks in advance!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I ordered a 2015 Gateway 3650BH, and it should be done by the end of this month. I have a few questions that I can't seem to get an answer on:

1) What are the differences between the 2014 and 2015 models?
2) What size is the TV in the living room, and is there a place to set a cable box by it?
3) Has anyone had an endless hot water system installed?
4) Any other known issues I should be on the lookout for?
5) How functional is the outside kitchen?

Im a little nervous, having never seen a unit like this in person. I was sold on the Montana Mountaineer bunkhouse until a friend turned me onto the Gateway-the full tub is what changed my wife and I's minds.

Thanks in advance!

Before, I never really gave the outside kitchen much of a thought. Now that we've had our unit for a few months, I absolutely love it. It eliminates a lot of in and out travel through the camper. Everything you need is right in that section.

Enjoy!!

Bob&Patty;389247 said:
I would call Heartland and ask for the Gateway brand manager and ask him.
<br>
<br><br>I did, and they just referred me to my selling dealer. And my selling dealer can't answer them all. That's why I was hoping to get feedback on here from Heartland reps or others that have the trailer already.

P

Paul.craven

Glad to hear of your Gateway purchase! I can help with a couple of those questions:

1. The main differences between the '14 and '15 models were cosmetic. Carpet, Lino, C-tops, hardware and wood color have all been changed/updated. Also our exterior graphics have changed (you can see the graphics at www.heartlandrvs.com). The inside floor plan did not change for the most part;
  2. I do not have the exact measurements to allow for a cable box; I will send you a message when I have that;
  3. Endless hot water would be an aftermarket install, so I cannot speak to that;
  4. I believe this has been answered, but I can tell you it is highly spoken of by our Gateway owners.
Enjoy our #1 selling bunkhouse Gateway

GWRam

McGateway131
I'm not sure on the tv size and will measure or 2014 model for you. Think is a 42". We have a blueray player which we sit on top of the kitchen cabinet under the tv facing the dinette slide out. Has never moved. The cabinet trim holds it in place for over 5k miles so far.

Issues-more a tip-after any rain,when retracting the main awning, make sure the main entry door is closed or you and the inside of your coach will take a bath. The water pours down the side walls.

Outdoor kitchen, love it, I changed out the faucet to something usable. Instead of the little low bathroom faucet they were installing in 2014.

Tip- a little extra planning on site positioning may be needed at times to allow for kitchen hatch opening in addition to slide out extension and the site drop off near rear of camper.

We love our Gateway. And the whole family loves the normal size tub shower.

Dave

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. We are anxiously waiting on the call saying that the factory is finished so we can pick our unit up!

swiftk77

McGateway131, if you still have question please let me know; I'd be happy to get on the phone with you and share my perspectives regarding the good and bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just picked up our unit this weekend. We are very excited, we only had a few little issues that needed to be addressed. Make sure you check all of the slide out draws to make sure they pull out easy and check the closet door in the master to make sure it latches.

ketah777

Congratulations! We just ordered the same one and it should be in early December. I can't wait! I would love to hear more of your feedback after you've had a chance to use it some. Also would welcome any advice for when we pick it up besides what you've already mentioned. Enjoy your new rig!

We have the 3650BH and have used it a couple of times. We LOVE it! We are taking it in for a few little things that have come up since we picked it up, but nothing major. We made a list for the dealer and hope they can get it all done. It's a great RV and we are so happy- so far.

danemayer

We have the 3650BH and have used it a couple of times. We LOVE it! We are taking it in for a few little things that have come up since we picked it up, but nothing major. We made a list for the dealer and hope they can get it all done. It's a great RV and we are so happy- so far.

Hi deputygoodguy,

Congratulations on the new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Glad to hear you're havng a great time.