Added some stuff to the North Trail...

CampingJunkie

We did some work on the camper today. We added a mount for the new flat screen TV. We were scared to death to put holes in our new TT but it all worked out. Now we can't wait for the weekend to try out the new mattress and watch the new TV. Here is the link to the pictures of everything we have added or changed in the new TT.

Jennifer

colorocky

Added some stuff--how do you connect DirecTV box?

Notice from your photos that you appear to have a DirecTV receiver box. How do you connect to the TV? We've heard that if you turn off the amplifier the satellite signal will pass through to the receiver. Also know of folks that have added a cable connector input to the exterior of the trailer and passed it through the wall for direct connect to receiver, not using the antenna connection at all.

Our current Rockwood has two connections inside - one for cable/antenna and one for satellite. I'm anticipating how we'll replace this in a North Trail.

Good ideas for your add ons!

None

CampingJunkie

The box is connected with regular coax. We are having to run the satellite line through the window with one of these. Not ideal but not bad. We have not even tried hooking it up to the connections already in the camper. We will be heading out tomorrow so we can try it and report back. I have read that it does not work for satellite but I will give it a try. Just not comfortable putting holes in the brand new camper yet. We will eventually put a connection in.

Jennifer

Johnp322

Thanks For the ideas. we have just picked up our 28BHS and yet to start to accessories it. Waiting for the snow to melt. Where did you purchase all the neat things like the broom and key holders.

John P

CampingJunkie

Hey John. The broom holder came from wally world and used the 3M contact tapes to hang it. The ones that are removable without damaging the walls. The key hooks are the same. Came in a package from Home Depot.

Contact me anytime if you have any other questions.

Check your PM for a message from me.

Jennifer

Edmonton

Still waiting for our 28BHS to arrive...has not really been that long since we ordered it. But we're excited! Great ideas for storage, thanks! I have already picked up the 3M hooks. I have a question though, in the bunk area, are there reading lights? It's been a while since we saw the model and I can't remember.