TPMS recommendation

MagnoliaTom

Can someone give me a recommendation for a good tpms? I've heard of tire minder and TST. Is one better than the other? I know the tire minder lets you replace dead batteries on the caps but that's about it. What model(s) should I look at?

happykraut

I have the TST 507 after some initial problems it has been on two rigs and has been working flawlessly. The people are very very easy to work with and would highly recommend them.

GOTTOYS

I've had lots of problems with my TST and gave up on it. They have great customer service, no complaints about that but I just got tired of sending it back....I don't use anything now but a set of quality Michelin Rib tires and a good tire pressure gauge..Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My TST 510 set quit on me after 3 years. Sent it to them and they replaced the monitor and the 4 sensors. Even programmed it to the parameters I had entered into my original set. Excellent customer service.

VMooreSR

I had the tire minder system, constantly losing sensor signal and temps never changed. So I just bought the tst 507 with flow thru sensors, hope it works better.

TXTiger

I have the TST with the flow thru sensors also. My Cyclone is 42 feet long so I needed to also purchase the relay which I mounted in the generator/battery compartment.

whp4262

I have the TST-507RV system also and have been pretty satisfied with it. Only problem I had with it was operator error. I lost signal from the TH once but turning off the repeater for a few seconds and turning it back on fixed the problem. It saved a tire on the last trip when I picked up a nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gizzy

TST. Been using them for 8 years. Last year changed to the flow through style. Once in a while it burps and doesn't work, but seems to come back on it's own. Their customer service can not be beat. Great folks to deal with.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Erika, where did you get the all metal valve stems for your TV. Everywhere I go, they can't or don't have them.

whp4262

Erika, where did you get the all metal valve stems for your TV. Everywhere I go, they can't or don't have them.

John I got my metal stems from Discount Tire.

whp4262

I used TST non-flow through on all the tires except the inside duals. Also took the theft proof case off all of the truck sensors.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Ummm, probably Discount Tire? Not sure, will have to ask Tony. They installed the Michelins we are running now.

Garypowell

Is it time for someone to speak up for Valor. There is a world of difference between other systems and Valor. Valor measures from the inside of the tire around the rim. To me that is a much better approach to actually measuring what is going on inside of the tire....not out on the stem.