Bubbles under new rubber roof?

Jimnkarens

We have a new 2015 BH3260E which has bubbles/ripples under the rubber roof where it is not cemented to the underlayer roof structure. I wrote to customer service about it and was told that this is a normal occurance and does not mean that there is any defect in material or manufacture.
does this sound correct to any of you?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bubbles under the roof membrane is common.
Depending on the size of the bubbles they may never pose a problem.
I have had bubbles under the rubber for over four years and have not had an issue.
And we do put on a lot of miles.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Small bubbles aren't uncommon. If it bothers you enough, you can pop the bubble with a very small incision, inject glue, and then use a small Eternabond patch to close and seal the incision. But I think most people don't bother.

Manzan

Had a few when trailer was new. Walked on them when up on the roof and can't find them now. Self solving problem. Maximum size was about 6" by 3". Had some big bubbles on the roof of a car with a full padded roof. Service manager used a hypodermic needle and deflated them. Never saw them again.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
7 years ago our new (then) BH had some bubbles and they went away. My thoughts then and now.....leave it alone cause "if it aint broke..dont fix it". JMHO

Having the same problem with Road Warrior 415. So many of them. It looks awful when looking at it from ground as roof wraps over sides. Even more bubbles on top. I would think it would make rubber vulnerable to tear.