Entrance Assist Handle

Lynn1130

I found that the sticky tape that comes with this and is used on both ends to hold it was a little tricky but then I am all thumbs at times. I used black Rescue Tape at the top and bottom to secure the foam handle and it works great. It also works well in our heat as it does not get tacky like the sticky tape but holds it down fine.

olcoon

I was having the same issue & was thinking about doing what Lynn1132 did. Everytime I'd go into an RV parts store, I'd look for a replacement. Finally while visiting MIL in Springfield, MO I went into one that just sells RV parts looking for something else, and found a replacement like they are putting on the new coaches. Looks & feels like rubber. It was kind of a pain to put on, had to take the handle completely off the coach, and put the new one on. I used soapy water to slip it on the handle. It was also "fun" to reinstall the handle, as there are springs in there that have to be in the correct location to work. All in all I'd say it was a fairly easy job with the hardest & most time consuming part was slipping the new one on. I did it on the picnic table at the campground. I tried to find it on their website, but couldn't, here is their website, and it looks like they'll ship items if anyone is interested.

branson4020

Icantre Member
For anyone who wants something other that "boring black", there's about a million kinds of bicycle handlebar tape out there that will work great.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just used rescue tape instead, has held up great after 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Mine keeps wearing on the ends and is getting shorter each year. Don't really see a need for the foam. When it's finally gone I'm thinking the bare metal will be just fine...Don