Big Horn valve mixup

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
In an earlier post, Scott stated that since the valves are operated by cables, they are closed when there is still give in the line. I tested my unit today and indeed this is true.

However, there is an apparent mix-up between the labels and the actual valves (from left to right)...

As labeled......................... As tested

Waste tank ........................Gray tank #1

Gray tank #1 .....................Waste tank

Gray tank #2 ......................Gray tank #2

Now I am no longer sure about the tank monitor as well. Are the tanks plumbed wrong, mislabeled, mis-cabled, or what?

Last edited:

Scott

Tank Pull Handle Labels

Chuck,
Obviously, someone put the stickers in the wrong place. I'm not sure how close you are to your dealer, but it's not that hard to try and ascertain which tank is which on your own. We can get you new stickers.
The way to tell is to open up all of your gate valves and empty the tanks. Then close the valves back up and turn on your kitchen sink. to let some out. Then try each handle, one at a time to see which one lets out that water. It will be GRAY 1 (always kitchen sink).
Then do the same thing again, only use the Lav Sink instead of the kit. sink. That tank will be GRAY 2 (always the lav sink).
And on the vast majority of our coaches, the Wasterwater Tank will be the cable that is a straight rod, not an extension cable.

FYI
ST

cdbMidland

Thanks, Scott. Yes, the Waste Tank is the straight pull, the one in the center. I will double-check which one is Gray 1 and also Gray 2.

Appreciate the quick reply.

Tom of Ypsi

Instead of gray wanter tanks #1 and #2 being used as a guide to what tank is what I used a label gun and made labels using bathroom and kitchen. This way I can remember and if someone wants to know which one is which it is now easy for everyone.

phranc

Just got back from weekend . Tank arrangement pull handles from left to right is....
Left , black tank....... Middle is gray #1 or bath....Right is gray #2 or galley.
Seems to be a little differnt from some others,but all works OK.. In fact if I let the 1 1/2 in pipes drain for an extra minuite ,I get very little residual the next time I take off cap..

cdbMidland

I had no problems this weekend either, but dumped the middle valve first, which was my black tank, then the left (bathroom) and finally the right (kitchen). All valves held with no leakage during the weekend.