3200 RL - wheel bearing service

Gary F

For those who have repacked the wheel bearing, can you tell me which of the two available inner grease seals I need?

My 2006 3200 RL has 6-k axles with 12 X 2 hub/drums. The service parts schematic has two different inner seals 2 1/4 and 2 1/8. My question is since the trailer is in storage and I would like to have service parts on hand for this maintenance, what size hub shafts do I have, 2 1/4 or 2 1/8.

Thanks
Gary F

jnbhobe

Gary, I would bet you will have to wait I've seen both depends on whos axel they used.There is also two grades of seals A good CR or National seal could cost 10$ Well worth the money!

Forrest Fetherolf

Gary,

First thing you need to know is who manfactured the axles....Lippert or Alko, then you can determine which bearings and seals will fit.

Forrest

Gary F

Called Al-Ko Kober today and provided them the axle tag information on my trailer. They advised I needed the 2 1/8 grease seals and could purchase them from a company called Axle Inc.

For anyone that has the 6-k axles with 12x2 hub/drums, you will need the same 2 1/8 seal because the 2 1/4 that is also listed on the parts schematic is for older style axles, as explained to by the Al-Ko Kober representative.

Axle seals can be purchased from.

Axle Inc - 800-349-3427
Part #: 568209

Gary F