Bathroom door swing in 3570 5th Wheel

brad30548

If you are going up the steps to the bathroom the door opens back toward you causing you to step back so the door can open. It would be more convenient if it opened toward the bedroom so when you go up the steps you can open and walk in without backing up.

Thanks
Brad

jimtoo

Hi Brad,

I'm not sure,, but I think there have been a few that have changed the door to open the other way. Hopefully you will get more info from our other members.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some people prefer to open it that way.
Reasoning is that if using the bathroom during the night they would not have to go down around to enter.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

I think it would be a little dangerous the other way. I don't find it a problem to take the two extra steps to get to the other side of the door to open it. . . . and what Birchwood said.

Gaffer

From the bedroom you just enter through the pocket door.
Some people prefer to open it that way.
Reasoning is that if using the bathroom during the night they would not have to go down around to enter.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

For future buyers. When I ordered my 2014 BH I had the factory install the door so you can go up the steps and enter. Gaffer some of us don't have pocket doors.

Speedy

After two years of ownership and fulltiming I finely changed our BC door to open towards the bedroom. Opening toward the main living area (stock) was fine for awhile but as the middle of the night trips increased stepping down the stairs was getting to be a PITA. Making the switch flip was quite easy and completed in less than an hour.

rpotter

Since the 3570rs has a cheater ensuite door I ordered the door at the stairway reversed so it opens towards the bedroom.

hankster

I have a 2013 early model .
The door opens toward the bedroom, there is no pocket door.
They chaned the layout during 2013.
When the pocket door was added, the walk-in pantry was down sized.

sengli

Ours was the same way. Since its only DW and I in the coach, we decided to simply remove both the bathroom, and bedroom doors completely. DW thinks that pocket doors are the way to go, but that isnt going to happen with this rig. Makes it much more roomy on the stairs, and saved about 40lbs.

I agree that with the pocket door in the bedroom to give access to the bathroom. the door in the hall should open toward the bedroom. We rarely use that door; we just go into the bedroom and then into the bathroom through the pocket door. It's not a big deal for us but it makes no sense in this model (3570) to have the door open towards the steps instead of towards the bedroom. Now if it were the only door then I agree, it would be tricky and unsafe opening the door at night to get into the bathroom from the bedroom. Maybe the newer production of the 3570 have addressed this.