My Solar Panel Installaltion

branson4020

Icantre Member
Thanks for all the suggestions for mounting the semiflexible panels. I ended up just using Eternabond tape around the edges. Heres some pics. Thats 450W of panels across the nose of the Bighorn - 90V @ 5A into the charge controller with remote panel in the rig.

P1010074.JPG P1010075.JPG P1010078.JPG

scottyb

Great job. Looks like you used the w/d vent for access through the roof. Seems like the logical way to do it.

harlancook

New Owner Question........ We recently retired and purchased a 2013 Landmark Key Largo. We love it and hope to make many trips. My RV friend was suggesting we add a solar panel and he implied that many newer 5th wheels come pre-wired for this on the roof along with satellite cables. We have an automatic dish unit already so does that also imply we have solar wires pre-wired too? Thanks!

jimtoo

New Owner Question........ We recently retired and purchased a 2013 Landmark Key Largo. We love it and hope to make many trips. My RV friend was suggesting we add a solar panel and he implied that many newer 5th wheels come pre-wired for this on the roof along with satellite cables. We have an automatic dish unit already so does that also imply we have solar wires pre-wired too? Thanks!

Hi harlancook,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your Key Largo did come with the satellite cables installed, but I have never heard of any unit coming with the pre-wiring for solar panels.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us. Attend a rally and you will meet lots of great folks and make friends for a lifetime,, also eat some of the best food there is.

Enjoy the forum and your Key Largo.

Jim M