Popping level up ?

marvmarcy

Its been a long time since I've seen comments on the popping sounds from the Level-up system. Has Lippert resolved the problem so the new rigs don't have this annoyance? If so, what was the engineering change? I know about the "fix" by using antistiction fluid, but that didn't work very well, especially on our LM.

danemayer

I've not heard about other changes. A bunch of forum members followed the Lippert procedure and as their jacks got quiet so did the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B

BouseBill

Our new 2015 pops like popcorn :(
we have not put the antistiction fluid in yet. We are taking the BH up to the dealership tomorrow for other warranty work, hoping LCI will cover the fluid as a warranty item...we'll see.

Hunter11

Our 2015 pops even after adding 2 quarts of the Torco fluid. The dealer is replacing the two front jacks under warranty per Lippert in January when our trailer is in having the roof replaced. So yes they are still popping.

bigdob24

I have the poping in ours and have put one QT of the anti stiction fluid in and still get the noise every now and then.
Will be doing the second QT soon.

pegmikef

Strange as our 2014 BH has never exhibited any popping what so ever. My level up was installed at the factory during the build. I have looked at several and see nothing different.

Hunter11

Do any of you that have the popping noise notice any movement in the trailer when it does make the pop? We can feel our trailer jerk/lurch when we hear the pop. We can tell it is the front jacks and it is very unnerving when you are asleep and the front jacks pop and the trailer moves. The funny thing is the trailer stays level throughout all this. Maybe this is why LCI decided to replace our front jacks out of fear they might collapse.

marvmarcy

Just the loud noise is bad enough but it nearly always shakes the rig - often it shakes a lot. It is more prevalent in front and seems to be temperature related, but it can happen many times though the night - frightens us awake. I put in at least three quarts of antistiction fluid (both torco and cat) over several years, and it helped a little for awhile the first time; but the problem came back with a vengence. Last winter my left front jack started leaking for 3-4 months, but it stopped leaking and now is dry. It seemed to pop just as much when leaking. I suspect the frame has something to do with it as well. Bob Tiedge from Lippert came to our camp site several years ago to help, and we greatly appreciated his effort, but he's only one person and very busy.

Its getting time to consider a new rig, but we won't consider anything with a Lippert frame or Level Up. Our rig popped since new and Lippert hasn't offered much help. We won't make that mistake again.

Pizzaguy

I hope they find a real solution. Our rig is doing the exact same thing and the Torco fluid fix did not last long either. I guess the next rig may have to have the electric levelling system like is used on the Stoneridge. It gets embarrassing when your neighbors ask what the heck the noise is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It is odd that it only affects certain rigs...our 2013 doesn't do it, but our retrofitted 2008 did. We have not added any fluid to the 2013.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I had the problem with popping on my 2014 3875FB Big Horn, and I used the Cat hydraulic additive. It solved the problem and it has not returned. Of the 3 fluids that can be used, Lippert suggested the Cat additive. Good luck.

rxbristol

I added one qt and the popping went away, but after traveling the popping came back. Added a second qt and it's gone again. I wonder if support scissor jacks were used to support some of the weight if the popping would continue? I know it sounds ridiculous to have a six-point leveling system and still have to use scissor jacks, but it may be an option.