AZ Members Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
A new Arizona Chapter Thread has been created as a "Chat Room". Feel free to discuss and post whatever you desire to talk about. This thread was created at some of the members request. Remember to continue to post pertinent information regarding Rally's, Meet n Greets and Campouts under each appropriate thread. The Chat Room is just that, discuss anything, share information etc.Hope you enjoy the thread.

Doublegranch

Greg: What brand of tires on your Cyclone? Are they Towmax and if so how many miles on them?
Bill: You may want to check your tires for the problem that Ron experienced on his way home.

MTPockets

Don, Monica - Phil, Mary - pulled out this AM at 0800. Heading to the Elephant Butte, NM Campout. We're here in Huachuca City now all alone... (Chirp Chirp). But sure is quiet.

Doublegranch

Terry & June...

Let me know if you want to have breakfast Saturday morning....Cafe Ole in Sierra Vista....

gregattaway

Greg: What brand of tires on your Cyclone? Are they Towmax and if so how many miles on them?
Bill: You may want to check your tires for the problem that Ron experienced on his way home.

I had the dealer change them out to bfgoodrich commerical t/a ...
then sold all 5 blowmax at once ...

Kosanko

I had the dealer change them out to bfgoodrich commerical t/a ...
then sold all 5 blowmax at once ...

Greg,

I have Blowmax on my Gateway, and after reading all of the horror stories about them,

What dealer changed out your tires and how much did you get to off set the price with the sale of the Blowmax?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm not in the Arizona chapter . . . but I feel like I am :eek: as we will be at the next Arizona rally (Quartzsite)! :cool:

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

We are counting the dayz! :p:D:cool:

Anywayzzz, I still have my BlowMaxes . . . not sure if I'll have them changed out before the Quartzsite Rally!

I was planning on replacing them next spring just before we start our 2015 camping season . . .

So far we have about 4000 miles on them and they still look like brand new!

Now, we don't have a 5th-wheel Heartland trailer, and it seems that the BlowMaxes are an issue on those and not so much on the pull-behind TT's . . .

So I think that our Arizona trip will be the last for us with the BlowMax tires.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Don, Monica - Phil, Mary - pulled out this AM at 0800. Heading to the Elephant Butte, NM Campout. We're here in Huachuca City now all alone... (Chirp Chirp). But sure is quiet.

Hey Terry & June . . .

Can't wait to see you guys again (at Quartzsite)!

And so are our campin' kitties:

CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg

Finally got the topper on the new truck a couple of weeks ago . . . it didn't arrive when it was supposed to (a week late).

Here are a couple of shots:

TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg

It has 3,999 miles on it right now as it sits in our driveway (according to my Onstar App) . . .

gregattaway

Mark,
Actually I brought the tires I wanted at discount tire ... Could never get a price but after reading I found the "upgrade price" was (in my opinion) a joke ... I bought 5 bfgoodrish commercial t/a's ... came back home and was lucky to sell the blowmax for $50 each right away ...

Greg,

I have Blowmax on my Gateway, and after reading all of the horror stories about them,

What dealer changed out your tires and how much did you get to off set the price with the sale of the Blowmax?

gregattaway

FYI, I replace my blowmax tires with MADE IN AMERICA bfgoodrich commercial t/a's ...
Below is the link to the DOT list that will tell you exactly where the tire was made and discount tire was nice enough to work with me in giving me the tire numbers first ... !!!

http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

Doublegranch

I'm not in the Arizona chapter . . . but I feel like I am :eek: as we will be at the next Arizona rally (Quartzsite)! :cool:Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:We are counting the dayz! :p:D:cool:Anywayzzz, I still have my BlowMaxes . . . not sure if I'll have them changed out before the Quartzsite Rally!I was planning on replacing them next spring just before we start our 2015 camping season . . .So far we have about 4000 miles on them and they still look like brand new!Now, we don't have a 5th-wheel Heartland trailer, and it seems that the BlowMaxes are an issue on those and not so much on the pull-behind TT's . . .So I think that our Arizona trip will be the last for us with the BlowMax tires.

[John...I had Towmax on my Northtrail....One trip to Wyo and back and two were really bad. Heartland replaced them with tires of my choice. I went with Carlise from Discount tire, no more problems]

gregattaway

everything i have read say "IF" you make it to 5k miles on a set of blowmax change them as you are now living on borrow time ... i'd say 4k just to be safe ... Garry, that'd be you brother ... !!!

MTPockets

Hey Terry & June . . .

Can't wait to see you guys again (at Quartzsite)!

And so are our campin' kitties:

View attachment 32560

Finally got the topper on the new truck a couple of weeks ago . . . it didn't arrive when it was supposed to (a week late).

Here are a couple of shots:

View attachment 32558 View attachment 32559

It has 3,999 miles on it right now as it sits in our driveway (according to my Onstar App) . . .
John, that top looks great! Looks like a completely different truck.. It was worth the wait.

jbeletti

What the heck is Arizonia Test Town?

It's like Funky Town, yet different :)

Seriously, our Technical Admin was doing some testing as we were having issues with our Event Creator tool. I just nuked the test events.

No more Test Town, AZ.

MTPockets

It's like Funky Town, yet different :)

Seriously, our Technical Admin was doing some testing as we were having issues with our Event Creator tool. I just nuked the test events.

No more Test Town, AZ.
. OK, that explains why my GPS couldn't find it....

Doublegranch

everything i have read say "IF" you make it to 5k miles on a set of blowmax change them as you are now living on borrow time ... i'd say 4k just to be safe ... Garry, that'd be you brother ... !!!

[Greg...yep, I got 2400 miles then my new tires....by the way. I was at discount tires today having the tires balanced and rotated. Asked about the tire thread about pressure and rechecking on the road. One of the posts stated you have to compensate for barometric pressure etc....Discount said fill to max pressure cold in the morning and the tire is designed to work around all the temps and pressures....just check each morning and go ahead and drive your days trip.]