Closing on a RW415 tomorrow but concerned...

rayk4e

My wife and I have been looking at 5ver Toy Haulers for quite some time graduating from our Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS Liberty Edition. We have finally decided on the Heartland Road Warrior 415. Overall we love the layout but have a couple concerns and wondering if anyone has input on them.

1. The master bathroom vanity appears to be very cramped with very little elbow room and no counter space. I'm not even sure I'll be able to brush my teeth without banging my elbow. It would have made more sense to me that the vanity and toilet locations should have been reversed.

2. There are no side tables or overhead shelving for the master bed. Again, it would have made more sense to me that the bed could have been oriented north to south with the cabinetry in the slide-out cavity.

Has anyone encountered these design annoyances and have you made any modifications to them?

Regardless, we love everything else about the RW415 and being technical by nature, I like many of the innovative features.

Looking forward to visiting with other Heartland and RW owners while on the road. Only six more years til retirement!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak directly about the RW, but many people have added a shelf either above the headboard or somewhere to the side of the bed. Some on the facia.
I can relate to the bathroom being tight. Ours is small as well, but that was the compromise we made when buying our rig. Can't have everything.
Good luck with your new rig, and if you do any mods it would be great to hear about them here on the forum. With pics of course.

Peace
Dave

FiremanBill

If that is the only 2 things you are concerned about you have found your rig! Like Cookie says a shelf somewhere can help. Only thing to help the bathroom situation is to get a bigger rig I suppose. Sounds like you will enjoy this unit though.:D