Shoe Storage and Keeping the Entrance Clean

Jhuff8181

New fifth wheel owner here and new to full time living. What do you folks do with shoes from outside to inside to help keep the floors and entrance dry and clean? Do you use some sort of outside storage for shoes? Thank You

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
e2c6e5f13a57e1c5ebde8e5dff2cb750.jpg
cdcacb0336d4695002a94eb4ed558366.jpg

We use these baskets on the side of our L shaped island. Command hooks hold the baskets in place, and we remove the baskets for traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
e2c6e5f13a57e1c5ebde8e5dff2cb750.jpg
cdcacb0336d4695002a94eb4ed558366.jpg

We use these baskets on the side of our L shaped island. Command hooks hold the baskets in place, and we remove the baskets for traveling.

Neat idea. Some of our biggest arguments lately have been about the number of someone's shoes under the dining table. Lol

MTPockets

Well, we never worry about it. As long as shoes are dry, we wear them in and out. If shoes are wet, we do keep a throw rug at entry and wipe when entering, or may take shoes off if too wet, but that's rare. In case of mud, take off outside and leav'em there until they get cleaned. No kids here, so that may change whole approach.

Crumgater

We have a dog... a big dog... so we've decided to enjoy the mud.
:)

Actually, the carpets have done really well. We take a shampoo'er to them once a year and they freshen right back up to like-new condition.
I do tend to toss my shoes behind the couch near the front door, or on the stair near the door (off to the side).
I may have to steal the basket idea - that could be handy for all sorts of things (i.e. dog leashes, poop bags, etc.)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have a mat at the bottom of the outside steps to brush the bottoms on. Inside the door is a small rug. If the shoes are wet or muddy, they come off there and get placed on another small rug at the top of the stairs in the bedroom. We both have some moccasins to wear inside. But we own a vacuum cleaner and a small shampoo machine, so it's no problem to clean the carpet if it does get soiled. Cat puke is a bigger problem than dirty shoes. Especially if you're barefoot and not alert.

Paul & Nan

Shoes are not worn inside, they go off just inside the door. We usually wear flip flops or moccasins, so no problem. Enough stuff comes in with 12 little white paws.

aatauses

Not sure what model you have--ours is a 3670 and I modified the inside steps to lift up for storage of shoes.
al
currently in Mexico Beach, FL

Erika

We have a small basket with a lid sitting right next to the front door (next to the fire extinguisher) that we put our 2 pairs of daily-use shoes in, the rest are on a shoe rack over the inside of bedroom door (looks like a bunch of cloth pockets). We have to have the lid on the basket because our dog would run off with any shoes to which she had access. Fortunately, she has never noticed the shoes on the bedroom door. It took a few days to stop bumping into the basket by the door, but now we automatically avoid it. I got it at Target. It's actually made of dark brown plastic, but it looks like a woven basket.

sengli

We put down a heavy duty mat, thats water proof. Then custom cut it for the profile of the landing area. Our mat stays down even when the slides come in. Shoes come off when entering the coach, on this mat.

olcoon

We have gate guarded in South Texas, and this year worked the sugar beet harvest in North Dakota. Both occupations can be real muddy, depending on the weather. Originally we used a cardboard flat that would come on a case of Coke...or beer. This worked fine, but after a while being cardboard would fall apart. We were at Cabela's one day and saw this, and it works great. It's made out of a heavy duty rubber/plastic type material.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Roy, we have some of those we use when we go skiing. Great for snowy ski-boots and skis!