To cover or not to cover. Thats the question.

Snaredrum

I have a new 2015 4100 King that is going to be sitting out during wintertime. Do most use RV covers or not. Pros and cons please. Thanks in advance

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I thought about getting a cover for our 2013 Trail Runner, but after reading posts here, and a couple of my neighbors' experiences, I decided not to waste my money on a trailer cover.

Mold issues . . . and wind damage to the covers makes it a non-issue for me!

We park our trailer right next to our house (garage) when not in use . . .

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

Foot note: I have a new truck since this shot was taken . . .

jnbhobe

I have a new 2015 4100 King that is going to be sitting out during wintertime. Do most use RV covers or not. Pros and cons please. Thanks in advance

Don't waste your money. Some problems include chaffing the roof, blowing off, ripping, leaking, and more I bet will be mentioned.

GOTTOYS

We had a park trailer for 10 years that had a rubber roof. It sat in the same place for all those years. Never had a cover on it. Washed the roof every 3-4 years and washed and waxed the rest annually. Never had a problem. It still looked good when I sold it. Once you get a layer of snow on the roof it's protected from UV rays just as if it was covered....Don

Sunset4k

Here in Texas the extreme heat and possible hail can be an issue. We built added an awning to our "barndominium" so that the Elkridge is protected. We've had hail twice since we added it so it was at least protected from the hail.

Happy Travels!!

Birchwood

I have never heard a positive with covering your unit.Cover your house and see what happens mould ,mould .

clayhud

I ask the same question a month ago and all the answers were NO! Save you money for something else.

jdfishing

John D: how do you like that 2015 Chevy? I'm thinking about one, but having trouble with the location on the UREA tank, right behind the passenger wheel. Non of the others do that.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John D: how do you like that 2015 Chevy? I'm thinking about one, but having trouble with the location on the UREA tank, right behind the passenger wheel. None of the others do that.

I've had it 8 weeks today, and so far I love it!

I have the Vortec 6.0 litre gas engine and the 4.10 rear end, and it towed our Trailer Runner with no problems from Denver to Rifle, Colorado and back last month on I-70 over the Continental Divide.

I'm getting about 14 mpg for every day driving . . . not sure while towing yet.

According to the OnStar app, it's lifetime mpg is 13 and has 4069 miles on it out in the driveway right now.

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg

scottyb

If you have the room, put that money toward a more permanent solution.

Attachments

• 2013-1119-1.jpg
    2013-1119-1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2013-1119-2.jpg
    2013-1119-2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 86

happykraut

In the past I use to cover mine. After one season with the cover on my dealer knew I had covered it. No more covers for me.

Snaredrum

John D: how do you like that 2015 Chevy? I'm thinking about one, but having trouble with the location on the UREA tank, right behind the passenger wheel. Non of the others do that.
I have a GMC 3500 Duramax and didn't like the tank placement at first either. Seems to be a none issue now. My running bars keeps it hidden and nothing has hit it so far.