Very Happy Heartland Customer

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
(long story)
Kudos to Heartland and our dealer.
I've been meaning to post an update to my December/January Leak issue, but thought I'd better wait until I had complete resolution.
As a few may remember, I had a horrible leak in the back corner of our 3370. After asking for suggestions on the forums, and not being able to pinpoint the source of the water, a couple of the guys kept telling me to call Jim Fenner. I took their advice. Jim not only helped allay my concerns, but directed me to a solution. His only concern was that we get the leak stopped. Because our dealer is 200 miles away, he offered to arrange for a local facility to do a Sealtech on it. At the time I called Jim, we already had an appointment with our dealer in the middle of January. It stopped raining for the most part by the time I talked to Jim and I was able to do some temporary caulking on a couple suspicious looking spots.
We took the rig to the dealer on January 21st. I had set the appointment after the parts had arrived. The idea was to leave it a week. Well it turned into a few more weeks, because of parts that weren't correct. (which was OK, as it snowed twice here during that time.) But... They fixed everything we found on the walk thru, and everything else we noticed once we had the rig and even a couple things we hadn't noticed. When I called for updates, I got the actual tech that did the work so I had complete information about what they found and what they did. Although still a little skeptical that they had found the leak as they don't do Sealtech there, It had rained for 9 days and they had reported no leaks. They left the trailer in pristine condition (it was full of our stuff they had to work around) and it was ready to go and waiting for us when we got there. They had even plugged it in the night before so the refrigerator would be cold. (if they would have washed it, I would have baked them cookies.)
Well, this last week we had torrential rains. No leaks!
All my cosmetic issues have been resolved with the exception of a propane door we're still waiting on. Everything not perfect has been fixed.
Way to go Heartland and Ray's RV. I'm really, really glad we own a Heartland. Every one of our friends is flabbergasted that the factory offered to help us. Even the ones with the high end MH. Makes me kinda smug.:D

jimtoo

Another happy Heartland customer. Keep up the good work Heartland and of course, thanks to the folks that work there. The owners and employees are the heart of Heartland.

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ray, I'm sure that's it. :)
My grandkids get a kick out of the license frame that says "Ray's RV". Can't understand how papa got a trailer with his name already on it.
License frame is about to be replaced however with one my neice and nephew got me. It says "I'm not spolied, my husband just loves me". Husband however, still thinks I am spoiled. :)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Kudos to Jim Fenner

Thanks, Jim Fenner for intervening with a suppplier for me. Results were delivered today.

Also, thanks to Jim Beletti and John Morgan for their input.