Cathy's Crock Pot Lasagna . . . Enjoy, everyone!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
At the Colorado Heartland Owners Club 2014 Fall Rally in Rifle, Colorado, Cathy (my wife of 23 years and a kitchen cook officianado) introduced the HOC members in attendance to her recipe of Crock Pot Lasagna.

Here is the recipe for all to share . . . and the crock pot recipe makes it an easy dinner for those of us on the road with our RV's without making a mess of our kitchens and burning up all of our LP gas!

Cathy Daniels' Crockpot Lasagna

Ingredients

1 pound Italian Sausage (or Ground Beef)
Lasagna Noodles, uncooked (1 box of wheat or regular)
2 (15 oz.) jars of Alfredo Sauce (or Spaghetti Sauce)
Italian Seasoning (season to taste)
8 oz. of fresh Mushrooms, sliced (could substitute other fresh vegetables)
1 ½ cups Cottage Cheese
1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions

Brown italian sausage and drain. Spoon 1 c. of alfredo sauce in bottom of a 4 quart crock pot, sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Mix remaining sauce in with the browned sausage. Place uncooked noodles in bottom of crock pot (break to fit shape of crock pot and use small broken pieces to fill in) creating a layer on top of the sauce in the crock pot. Spread a layer of sliced mushrooms, 1/3 of the meat sauce, sprinkle in italian seasoning, ¾ c. of cottage cheese and ½ c. of mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of uncooked noodles, mushrooms, 1/3 of meat sauce, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, remaining cottage cheese and ½ c. of mozzarella cheese. Place another layer of uncooked noodles, sliced mushrooms, remaining meat mixture, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the top. Cook on low for 4 hours. If cooked much longer, it gets a bit well done.
*I used a liner in my crock pot which made clean up very easy!