interior lens

marcusweeks

20141027_094645.jpg

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a dilemma. I purchased my camper earlier this spring. When I went to buy it the dealer said it was missing 3 inch ceiling lenses (6 of them) and that they were on order. Well they never came in, so I'm looking to purchase some. Would these be a dealer only item or they be available somewhere else with possibly different options? Thanks, Marcus

jimtoo

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.
I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN# when you call and explain what is going on. They might tell you when your dealer ordered them or when you should get the lenses.

Jim M

marcusweeks

I bought the camper 5 months ago in Texas. I figured by now I would have had them. The sales guy called me approximately 1 month after I purchased it and I asked him about the lenses, he said he thought I would have had them by now and would look into it. I don't know who he ordered them from. I just didn't know if it was a common lens, & I would just order them myself. Not like I can drive back the 2000 miles and complain about them. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a dealer price. I did have to order one item from them and I was surprised on the price

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you need the lenses why don't you consider the purchase of some LED replacements.
Give Heartland Parts a call and they should be able to set you up with them. Probably around $25 each.
877-262-8032

How did they lose six of them????

Peace
Dave

marcusweeks

that I don't know, but I did find a couple broken ones in the garbage can. But for the deal I think I got on it, and the fact I was supposed to get new ones I didn't care. Time to call up heartland.

marcusweeks

I called heartland, 24 dollars apiece for the led ones but they're bigger now.they don't carry the regular kind anymore. Apparently my campers too old. So now if I want to replace the lens, I'm going to have to drill every hole bigger. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. At least I have all went to think about it. Lol

donr827

Drive back to the dealer to look at his inventory of trailers. Should be easy to find the lens on another trailer borrow them until yours come in.......Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So now if I want to replace the lens, I'm going to have to drill every hole bigger. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. At least I have all went to think about it. Lol
FYI, that ceiling material is pretty thin and cuts easily with a sharp razor knife.
No need to drill anything, just trim the material away.

Peace
Dave

marcusweeks

2000 miles?

20141027_114243.jpg

Mine are in wood trim. Still doable, but I was hoping to get new lens' s and be done. If it's anything like the projects around my house it'll never get completed.