Forum Problem - "Location" on Poster Identification

wdk450

Moderators/Webmaster:
Is this feature no longer working? Every poster I click on for this, it gives me a blank map.

I made sure to update my current location on the app, and yet it still even gives a blank map for my location.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Moderators/Webmaster:
Is this feature no longer working? Every poster I click on for this, it gives me a blank map.

I made sure to update my current location on the app, and yet it still even gives a blank map for my location.

Bill.....I see your marker on the map as being in Menifee but the marker is no where near Menifee. I know when I updated my marker back to Hemet I had a problem and had to move my marker to where it needed to be.

wdk450

Jim:
I just clicked on YOUR "Location" and again, got a blank map. Could this be a Google Chrome problem?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Jim:
I just clicked on YOUR "Location" and again, got a blank map. Could this be a Google Chrome problem?

Bill....It could be. I'm using my IPad. Have you tried going to the portals page and opening up the complete map?

Roller4tan

I've found that at times it reverses your gps coordinates and you wind up somewhere in Antarctica. The blank screen is the bottom of the map. Try to scroll up or expand the map. You are able you can see people in Europe or the Atlantic Ocean as well. I delete my current location before adding my new one, making sure the coordinates don't change.

MTPockets

I've noticed when using my iPhone it doesn't always work, but if I'm using a wifi hotspot it does work. ?????

wdk450

I brought up the Firefox browser and tried looking at the maps again. I still get a blank page on everyone's "location" I try. I guess I will give old, not updated, Internet Explorer a try.

Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but I just thought you clicked on the poster's location and would see a map of where they posted they were.

wdk450

mine works on IE but not Chrome.

I have now tried this function/app with all 3 browsers, and get the same result, blank map, with all. I am running Windows 7, using a Verizon hotspot. Sometimes I wish I was back in the old days trying to figure out which transistor isn't working, not which software function is messing up. I wonder if there are classes in general software troubleshooting/tools like there are for general electronics?

Along with the other software gripes, I wanted to edit this post to separate the "I wonder . . ." line. Under IE I was locked out from doing this. I moved to Chrome and could do it (but left things original for to illustrate).

linuxkidd

This has been corrected.

Thanks, and sorry for the delays...
LK

p.s. For the geeks in the room.. the problem was that the link went to an HTTPS version of HOP, but was trying to load the Google Maps over HTTP. This caused a conflict and, for security reasons, the HOP map would fail to load. I've not setup Google Maps to load with the same security level as the rest of the page.

Tombstonejim

When I look at yours the Lat and longitude show an error

I brought up the Firefox browser and tried looking at the maps again. I still get a blank page on everyone's "location" I try. I guess I will give old, not updated, Internet Explorer a try.

Maybe I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but I just thought you clicked on the poster's location and would see a map of where they posted they were.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 11

wdk450

All:
I FINALLY got this to work. My current address setup had a link to the Thousand Trails Wilderness Lakes Preserve website, but that didn't seem to work. All was made well when I manually typed in the park's address for my location.