22fbs dinette table loose

baker1121

Hey guys,

I have a nt 22fbs and the dinette table is loose. The screw holes have wallowed out and no longer hold the table down. I was wondering if you guys know how thick the wooden slide base is cause I intend to replace the screws with longer and thicker screws and maybe use plastic anchors so it doesn't happen again. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You could remove the screws and fill the holes with wood glue and toothpicks. Then drill new holes in the repaired area. Longer screws probably will not work. The walls are pretty thin and only have 1/8" paneling. You could try hollow wall anchors that work similar to toggle-type bolts but you may be battling the insulation to get it secured.

cgunn

baker1121..... I think that the floor is about 1" thick. I took the screws out long ago to move the table.
I haven't put them back in and have had no problem with the table moving while we are traveling.
Just my opinion... I don't know what the wall thickness has to do with securing the table down....

Bohemian

The floors are 3" thick.

2.5" thick aluminum framing with foam blocks inserted.

Either 1/4" or 3/8" luan or strand board on top.

jnbhobe

Is this a pedestal table with a socket in the floor?? Just turn the base and refasten.

baker1121

I ended up using 1in screws with a washer and filled the holes with gorilla glue. I don't think I'll have a problem with it coming loose again. Thanks guys

mbopp

Is this a pedestal table with a socket in the floor?? Just turn the base and refasten.

This!

Before we took delivery we had the dealer remove the pedestal bases and install table legs from a Trail Runner. It makes for a moveable, fold-down table.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This!

Before we took delivery we had the dealer remove the pedestal bases and install table legs from a Trail Runner. It makes for a moveable, fold-down table.

I really really really don't like that fold-down table that came with our Trail Runner . . .