First Outing

NewCyclone

Well, we finally got to take the trailer out for its first outing this past weekend. It was beautiful out and near the lake.

After taking about thirty minutes to back the trailer into its space in the dark. We discovered that the power cord that came with the trailer was to short. Luckily we had filled the generator fuel tank and ran it all weekend. The trailer performed flawlessly the whole weekend and we are looking forward to our next outing.

Since the site did not have a sewage dump we had to dump the tanks when we left at a separate dump site. The site was not quite set up for a trailer of my size so we had to negotiate it as close as possible. We stretched the sewer hose as close as possible and got the sewage dumped. In the process, luckily everything was dumped and I was in the process of rinsing out the tank, my wife decided to help and she pulled on the hose to hard at the connection to the trailer. The hose ripped and she immediately tried to hold it in place so the water would still go to the sewer instead of on the street. Luckily it was mostly clean water with a few pieces of toilet paper.

All and all it was a great weekend. Now I just need to do the first oil change with the generator.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Glad it went well for ya'll! Can't wait til I can join in the fun! I was told by my dealer that the generator's fuel comes from the fuel station outside of the garage. How many gallons is it and how much did you have left after the weekend? How quiet are they really? Sounds like a great time!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hey New, first chance you get get 2 good poop hoses. That way you dump even if the hole is 30' away. Get a clear end that goes on the drain pipe at the coach so you can see when the water is running clear. I dont know how many water hoses you have, but you should have at least 2. Get a regular water hose to hook up to flush with, dont use the fresh water hose. You can also buy an extention to put on the electrical cord. Just in case that happens again. Just some advise. Bob

NewCyclone

Glad it went well for ya'll! Can't wait til I can join in the fun! I was told by my dealer that the generator's fuel comes from the fuel station outside of the garage. How many gallons is it and how much did you have left after the weekend? How quiet are they really? Sounds like a great time!!

The fuel tank holds something like 26 gallons. After the weekend we still had a little over 1/4 tank left. The generator is pretty quite and you hear very little in the trailer. I am in the military and used to sleeping with a generator going outside so someone with a different perspective might want to chime in. Yes the fuel does come from the fueling station and the tank is under the garage.

Bob, I just ordered a Rhino hose in hope that it is stronger. I will look into a clear adapter. Any suggestions where to find one?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most likely any trailer supply or Camping World. How long of hose are you getting? The problem you might run into is most CG's wont let you run a generator after 10pm. Does your coach have the sani-flush in the UDC? Bob:D:D:eek:

NewCyclone

Most likely any trailer supply or Camping World. How long of hose are you getting? The problem you might run into is most CG's wont let you run a generator after 10pm. Does your coach have the sani-flush in the UDC? Bob:D:D:eek:

The hose we got is 15' long. The CG we were at was very secluded and out in the woods, not many people around so we were pretty much free to do what we wanted.

Yes, the coach does have the sani-flush feature.