2009 Big Country 3300RL

Donna

Out Big Country 3300RL arrived on the dealers lot yesterday. Hopefully we can pick it up this weekend. I really excited.:) Any advice on what we should double check when we do the walk through?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Donna, Just my 2 cents worth. Open every drawer, cupboard, access door, etc. Look really hard at the finish for mars. nicks, etc. Check for loose trim. Because of the distance from our dealer, we noted everything on the walk thru, then scheduled repairs after the parts arrived, as there was nothing that would prevent us from using the trailer. Other than a leak we found after we got home, every issue we had was cosmetic and minor. The leak issue was handled perfectly by the factory and the dealer.
Best advice is, spend as much time as possible in the trailer and if you have a question, ask someone on here. They'll either know the answer or know which direction to point you to get the answer. Lots of really nice people on this forum.
Best wishes and happy camping!
Deb

Randy1950

2008 3300rl

We've been looking at 5th wheels for awhile and have found several we liked. Wife liked the 34TS Cardinal and how it was laid out. I didn't care for the length (37ft) since our '04 Coachmen Chaparral is about 30 ft long so didn't look forward to backing up that long of a coach. I shopped around and found an '08 Big Country 3300RL in Bend, Oregon so we took off and checked it out last Thursday (Feb. 28). Wife liked it so we bought it. It's still a little longer than I like (35'6" or so) and am sure I will get used to it. It looks like the '09's have a few more standard items (outside speakers, corian? counters) then the 08's and hope the price reflects the difference. We have a Big Country dealer in our town and he did not have the 3300RL in stock and the one coming in ('09) would have been several thousand more than the '08. Is there a practical difference between the two years? I hope buying out of town does not create problems when we may have to use our warranty. Also, we have a 14,000 lb Reese and I'm not sure that is a big enough hitch. Besides I would like to an articulated hitch so I don't have to sweat it when we make corners that are different levels. Any 3300RL owners out there?

Randy and Leanne
2001 350 Powerstroke 7.3L
Retiring in Sept. and hitting the road

sdgirl

Big Country

Hi Randy,

We bought an 08 3300RL in January and we have a 16K Husky hitch. I think your right,, your current hitch might be pushing it a bit as the 3300RL tops out at 14,000. Anyone else out there have any words of wisdom? BTW,,, I LOVE our BC. It is longer than we wanted also, but we got used to it pretty quickly. So far,,, knock on wood,,, I've only hit one thing and just put a minor scratch on the back of the coach.

truknutt

Committed Member
Randy,

I am told that the 14K Reese hitch was replaced by the 15K back when I got mine in 2002 or so. I took the 15K and the first time out parking it at the storage lot, she bound up (side to side). I was lucky that my dealer allowed me to trade the head in on the upgraded 16K with 4-way pivot (Reese part number 30047). Any Reese dealer should be able to look up the part number for just the Head assembly as mine did (she had and exploded view of the hitch that hads partnumbers for each piece. All I had to swap was the Hitch head; legs and rails were the same. This swap also changes the height adjustment range due to the configuration of the extra pivot points(15" to 18" up from 13" to 17"). This can be important to some owners when trying to maintain that 6" difference between truck bed rails and bottom of the 5er.

Reese now has a "Pro Series 15K" that has the 4-way pivot (Reese part number 30056). Height adjustment range is identical to the 14K/15K kit(13" to 17").

Bottom line is the cost of 16K head assembly versus 15K Pro Series Kit....

BTW the part numbers I used are for the kit: head & legs (minus rail kits) and should get you in the ballpark.

Reese Product link: http://www.reeseprod.com/ link to fifth wheel hitches is on the left.

Hope this helps, Dave

todalake

We bought a 2008 BC 3300RL in November and towed it home to storage. I didn't know the new models came out so fast.
Theoretically it is one year old before we use it. As we ordered it with 7000# axles, G tires, and double pane windows on it, it had to be built and not in inventory so it must of been one of the last 2008 models out if 2009 are out already. I see a few differences as you mentioned, SS sink, counters, etc. Of course Heartland may change things on the models as the year goes along. An early 2008 is not the same as a late 2008 and I'm sure 2009 will be the same way. I'm guessing the major components are the same. I got the 18K Reese Signature hitch which has 4 way pivot. Bed rails are underneath.