Could someone provide a checklist for new delivery??

Our new BigHorn 3580RL is going to be delivered this week to our home!
The only problem is, it is coming from 1500 miles away, and it's supposed to be a winter storm the day it arrives.
I've read that quite a few people have had problems with water leaks from the water heater, etc. Screws not tight, some missing, etc........
Is there a check list someone can provide so we can go over as much as possible before we accept the coach?
Any other suggestions would be wonderful.

Bridget

We are getting the choice extended warranty 7 yr. plan by the way.

truknutt

Committed Member
Bridget,

Your dealership SHOULD conduct their own PDI shortly after it is handed over to them by the transportation company; much like an auto dealer operates. We were able to see the checklist our dealership used to prepare for our inspection which showed all that they had repaired prior to our arrival. We still conducted our own PDI and found additional items that were either overlooked or just didn't jump out at them.

Here is a link from Forum member "JPmorgan37" for a PDI Checklist for your general use. Don't forget to have a CD & a DVD to check out your A/V equipment. (Our technician was surprised we had these with us!) We had a 13" television w/cable to check our other 3 A/V receptacles.

Good luck,

Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
Dern JP,

You beat me to it! I was even giving you a plug! I'm trying to do this while at work so it took me 30 minutes or more to finish that reply! One day I'll be able to stop multi-tasking for a living and just do it for fun!

Dave

jpmorgan37

Dave;

Thanks and I understand trying to do two things at once. Sometimes when I start doing the second thing, I forget about doing what I was doing first. And then later on, I find it and wonder what in the world that was. Thanks for the plug. I 'preciate it.

John

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the links guys. I've downloaded and printed a few check lists so hopefully we should have most stuff covered.
It's supposed to snow the day they deliver the coach, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to check out everything....but, I just bet that wheel already has been invented!!
Thanks again, Bridget and Bill